Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 rxpx

2010 rxpx

Howdy,
    I have an xl800 and an fx cruiser, I been looking into skis for 3 years or so now, so I kinda know what I'm talking bout. I'm ready to move to a new seadoo. I was looking at the 2010 rxt-x but I heard these were limited in speed?? Which sucks...so ilooked into the 2010 rxp-x and o have a few questions...was the pump tunnell cracking problem fixed for the 2010 models, cause I noticed it seems exactly the same as the 08-09 models except with a badass paint scheme... I know this one isn't governed because it isn't fly by wire so so worries there...my main question is the problem with the tunnell fixed in 2010, or can I just buy an 08 or 09 leftover for cheaper and it be thhe same thing minus the paint job? Also I eealize this won't be good on gas, but if I'm not going balls to the wall hard on it, can it be atleast decent on gas?? 70mph still right? Thanks

+1
    welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    welcome to the forum
    'Preciate it, I been reading for a whiloe around here and just decided to sign up...I was aslo on another ski forum....i. was stuck between the fzr and rxp-x and I think I'm gonna go seadoo this time. I used to hate seadoo for their supercharger washers and other problems ( I used to have an xp di...jesus christ what a piece of shit) but it seems they have gotten it mostly straightened out and there's no lie the rxpx is a beast, and from what I understand faster than the fzr and sho.

Really? Nobody??

+1
    the tunnel problem was more for RXT-X not the RXP-X i love mine....you have to care and treat em right as theres a few things that need to be in check when riding and maintenence like the supercharger...gas wise.. i noticed a slight increase in mileage with an aftermarket grate...if ya dont run it WOT it wont be that terrible..if ya do...it drinks it

+1
    You can get a really good deal on these skis if you buy new old stock. I just picked up a 08 RXT for $3000 under original list price - if money is an issue.

Here's Yamaha's comparison if that helps - click >> Yamaha <<

You can also compare Seadoo's skis click - >> Sea Doo >>

I'm convinced that whatever I buy will have it's issues.

Please tell me the supercharger washer issue was fixed right?? And yours only does 67??? I was convinced this was the only ski that will do a true 70mph out of the box? Wtf?

+1
    If I wanted to buy a brand new ski and wasn't intending on moding it - I would buy the 2010 RXT-X. I think you can doo 70 out of the box with the 255/260 hp three seaters... I happen to like building my own ski's so I opted on saving money I can spend on mods.

08 and newer Sea Doo's have a new metal supercharger clutch washer - with a stock wheel I don't think they will have any problems.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by t.i.p. View Post
    And yours only does 67???
    Believe me - that's only a temporary number. I'm still breaking it in...

No not you haha, that other guy has that stockrxpx in hiis sig that only did 67? That's dissapointing?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information