Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Pricing On New Skis?

We're looking at 2 new skis. Can you guys post what kind of pricing you paid for your new FZR, FZS, FXSHO, CruiserSHO and where you got it from?

Looking for 2010 models but may consider new 2009s if the prices are right.

I'm willing to drive a good ways to get the best deal, but prefer to stay as close to Houston as possible.

Thanks!

check ebay, a few brand new 09s that are discounted. I know I saw a new SHO for $9500 and thought that was a good price. In general, prices are not heavily discounted now due to season.

Yeah I've seen a few of those on fleabay too, just most of them are waaay to far from me!
    The best I've seen so far was a 2010 FZR still in the crate for $9800 but it was in BFE, and I'd really rather have an FZS anyway.

Just about all the dealers I go to to talk about pricing ask me how soon I am planning to buy and won't give me their best price OTD without first running my credit and all that BS! I was like um NO! Who the hell buys something without at least finding out how much its going to be first?
    As far as I'm concerned they are the first ones I will mark off my list to do business with from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mochanic View Post
    Yeah I've seen a few of those on fleabay too, just most of them are waaay to far from me!
    The best I've seen so far was a 2010 FZR still in the crate for $9800 but it was in BFE, and I'd really rather have an FZS anyway.

Just about all the dealers I go to to talk about pricing ask me how soon I am planning to buy and won't give me their best price OTD without first running my credit and all that BS! I was like um NO! Who the hell buys something without at least finding out how much its going to be first?
    As far as I'm concerned they are the first ones I will mark off my list to do business with from now on.
    Avoid that scumbag dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoster View Post
    Avoid that scumbag dealer.
    I'm assuming you are talking about the one on ebay, care to elaborate?

No, that was based on how you described his business practices. That's a crappy way to do business these days - he's treating you like trash while attempting to get a sale - imagine how he'll treat you after the sale.

I found a great local shop years ago and I buy all of my skis there. They give me a solid price right from the get go and don't charge a "box", "dealer" fee, or any of that garbage.. Yes, it might be $100-$150 more than I can find it online but it's worth it to me to know that they are making a few bucks while still giving me an honest deal.

It's not always possible, but I suggest trying to find a local shop that you can work with.

What's sad is that this was 3 different local dealers!

It was as if they were all reading from the same que cards, their wording as to why they didn't give out their best price until you were litterally ready to sign the papers was practically identical.

One of them even said that makes me a smart buyer but it was their policy nationwide.
    I said "so I guess you only like making deals with stupid people" as I walked out the door. He didn't say a word after that!

+1
    This has been discussed quite a bit in the past. Specific pricing from a lot of different people are on this site--just search.

Personally, I contacted a bunch of dealers through the Yamaha website and asked all of them the same question: Best price for an '09 FZS (Red) OUT THE DOOR. I communicated with all of them another time or two and then drove about 70 miles to a dealer in Elkhart, IN where I picked-up my new ski.

Guess it goes without saying that I don't have a relationship with any dealers. The dealer I purchased from was not the closest dealer to me. Also, I don't "get into" the whole "negotiation process" and associated game that goes with it.

I seem to remember a thread with prices posted on FZs from all over the place.. might try a search here, it was last end of summer or so.. July/August or so... I do remember posting the info on my FZS there. I know the prices are different (although I doubt by a whole lot) but at least you can see the dealers that were decent to do buisiness with.
    Oh and I agree.. If the guy won't even give you a price, he is either trying to hide something or just a total clown. Stay away. I got the same thing from the shops I thought were slimeballs around here, went in thinking ahead of time but trying to get a deal anyway. Wrong.. One place had pissed me off by asking for my drivers lic. # and phone # just to get some 2 stroke mix for my dirt bike because I payed with a debit card... Sure enough, they were the clowns that wouldn't give me a quote until they ran my credit. And if anyone thinks I'm kidding- It's Berts Mega Mall in Azusa.. ---The Mega Rip---
    They run your credit first so they can see what kind of interest they can charge you to modify the price and make it look like your getting a better deal than you actually are btw....

Yeah thats pretty much what I figured they were doing. But even after telling them I had my own financing through my credit union they still wouldn't talk prices until I was litterally ready to sign the papers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information