Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Couch opinions...

Hey guys. I just picked up a low hr '05 RXT. I modded the bucket and filled the holes; otherwise stock. GPS: 67.2 with 1/2 tank. Not bad. I'm looking to keep this strictly as a super reliable back up ski.

I do NOT want to change i/c's or exhaust and do NOT want to go into the motor. Looking for 71-72 or more . Any "safe" combo's? Suggestions?

Thx,
    Brendan

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    Man thats fast you got a good one for sure, just put an air intake on it and be done with it, maybe tweak the prop to max out RPMS if your not getting 8100+

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    unfortunately brendan, ur not gonna see 71-72 without doing either an intercooler or supercharger

air intake will help along with a solas for about 2 mph.. don't put a riva grate on it pump wedge will help speed also as well as staying dry and on top of the waves in the rough stuff we got around here. OPAS is already removed i imagine?

+1
    do a riva stage 1 kit and throw a stock class ECU on there and be done with it

or riva stage 1 and a rotax racing supercharger impeller.. this impeller is VERY safe

one of these 2 combos will get u right at where ur lookin to be

Guys - thx for the info. BTW - the ski is only turning 8050, with occasional 8100 blips. No longer hot around here. Might need a mm take out, but I will wait until I get the rest of the mods done first.

I was thinking of running the wedge, a 4" air intake, the rr s/c imp and a better prop. I didn't really want to swap ecu Shibs, because I don't want to rev it up hi.

What prop would be best for the rr imp? (I see Austin has one for sale) Remember no i/c or exhaust!

+1
    i'd personally recommend a 14/19 and playing with the trailing edge accordingly...

i think that's a great setup getting a 4" intake, the misc. anal mods, and RR SC impeller. should put u over 70 no problem... question is how far over 70

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    i'd personally recommend a 14/19 and playing with the trailing edge accordingly...

i think that's a great setup getting a 4" intake, the misc. anal mods, and RR SC impeller. should put u over 70 no problem... question is how far over 70
    OK. So the 14/19 has enough in it to carry the rr s/c impellor? What about a/f? Stock injectors won't pose a problem with the rr boost? I won't be running more than 8150.

One more question: air intake - is there a safe rear exit for it? or do I wrap it around like the riva an d route it through the duct below the steering column?

+1
    there's really no good location on the RXT/GTX for a rear intake without getting a carbon fibre seat or hacking up the stock rear seat. the mid-piece between the seats has MINIMAL ventilation and IMO would starve a supercharger with a 4" intake and 9-10 psi of boost

stock injectors on that setup would be fine most likely in our summer months, but i'd be worried in the fall and spring and cool weather we have right now...

you have a bung and a/f gauge for your RXP you could slap in the RXT jsut for a baseline oneday to see how close or far off u r?

I will route the air up front -similar to Riva. I know that the RR s/c imp has been run by a few members here w/out the injectors. My a/f won't tell me if the mixture is wrong until I see the winter temps. Maybe I should give Armin or GP a call to see how lean it might get.

BTW Shibs - as per my wife....OPAS stays!!!!!
    Last edited by BDNJ; 09-11-2006 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BDNJ
    Maybe I should give Armin or GP a call to see how lean it might get.
    brendan, if you get ne definative information out of them let me know. ive been on them for a while about it and all i can get is "you're fine"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information