Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Is this normal

  1. #1

    Is this normal

    Just wondering if its normal to have a little bit of water in the IC piping The pipe from the throttle body to the IC.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    290
    +1
    9
    Mine had a small amount in it with my ski sitting over the winter months here.
    I think it more that likely a bit of condensation, if it`s not very much. I`m sure some others will chime in with their thoughts.
    I am using the Riva Relocation Kit, so the IC does sit on it`s side slightly. I did pressure test my IC though, just incase it was leaking. It`s okay.

    Alex..

  3. #3
    Norwegian Wiking Trond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Norway, Kristiansand
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo76 View Post
    Just wondering if its normal to have a little bit of water in the IC piping The pipe from the throttle body to the IC.
    I assume you have an external ic... As long as you havn't sucked some water into the air-intake, it's a bad sign. Probably a leaking ic

  4. #4
    Norwegian Wiking Trond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Norway, Kristiansand
    Posts
    1,456
    You could taste the water to see if its salt or not... That is if you ride i saltwater tho

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by heckie View Post
    Mine had a small amount in it with my ski sitting over the winter months here.
    I think it more that likely a bit of condensation, if it`s not very much. I`m sure some others will chime in with their thoughts.
    I am using the Riva Relocation Kit, so the IC does sit on it`s side slightly. I did pressure test my IC though, just incase it was leaking. It`s okay.

    Alex..
    It wasnt much at all, maybe a teaspoon. I was thinking it might just be condesation. thx for the input

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post
    I assume you have an external ic... As long as you havn't sucked some water into the air-intake, it's a bad sign. Probably a leaking ic
    yes it is an external. I have a riva. It was maybe about a teaspoon of water

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post
    You could taste the water to see if its salt or not... That is if you ride i saltwater tho
    Taste it! nah

  8. #8
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,879
    +1
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo76 View Post
    Taste it! nah
    rivas always leak. id pressure test it but either way you need to find out where the water coming from

  9. #9
    It is condensation if you check the seadoo manuel in winterisation section you gone find your answer

  10. #10
    rick xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,013
    +1
    7
    Fark all you guys need to go back to school.

    Science 101.

    What happens when you have a hot dense charge of air and you rapidly cool down or a cold intercooler and you heat it up.

    YOU GET CONDENSATION!!

    Dont worry man its normal.

    If the intercooler was leaking you would have other signs telling you that as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Is this normal???
    By Full_Throttle in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 12:57 AM
  2. is this normal?
    By 07vette in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 12:08 AM
  3. Is this normal?!?!
    By Titanese in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 07:43 AM
  4. Is this normal?
    By WildBill9000 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 03:36 PM
  5. Is this normal???? Plug not connected....?
    By GeoRXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 09:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •