+1

Supercharger re-installation questions

Got my rebuilt charger back from Jerry and I just wanted to double check on a couple things....

The shop manual says to use Super Lube Grease on the super charger shaft. Is it vital to use Super Lube Grease or would OEM XP-S Synthetic Grease or Sea Doo Jet Pump Bearing Grease work as a substitute?

Also, in regards to the torque specifications of the 3 bolts, how important is it that these are torqued exactly to spec? I unfortunately do not have a small enough torque wrench that will do inch pounds. Would snugging them up and using loctite be sufficient?

Finally, should I spray a coating of XP-S Lube onto the new build parts of the supercharger before re-installing it?

Thanks,

TheEngineer

+1
    When I got mine back from Jerry it was still pretty lubed up much like when I took it off.

I put it right back on and just tightened the bolts reasonably tight and used a little blue locker.

I plan on checking them every now and then though.

+1
    Has anyone tried using Jet Pump Bearing Grease in place of the Super Lube Grease?

Why not just use some oil to coat everything? Thats what will be used to lubricate everything when the ski is running. You should only have to worry for the first few seconds after start up. After that it will be well oiled.

I was wondering the same thing. I know there was grease on shaft when i took the Sc out, but does anyone spray anything or lube the actual SC impeller or inside the housing before installation.

Thanks

+1
    I always lightly grease the hole where the SC slides in, and grease the housing that fits inside the motor as well. The grease helps it slide in, but more importantly, helps make sure the SC housing does not gall the block or get stuck in the block, making later removal difficult. For this application, grease is a better choice than oil, although you certainly can oil the SHAFT if you like.

Honestly I don't think the actual type of grease is that critical ... I mostly use synthetic marine grease, but my personal opinion is that any good grease smeared on the PTO hole and the SC housing snout is fine.

Tampa SeaDoo Crew TampaSpeedster's Avatar
    I applied a little grease to where it mates to the block, other than that, slide it in and ride!

Thread Information