Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

rxt-x 260 or rxt-x 255

looking to buy one of these i prefer 2010 260x just was wanting to know if they have a way around the throttle limiter and does the new hull ride better in the chop thanks

Yes, and yes

Quote Originally Posted by bm27 View Post
    looking to buy one of these i prefer 2010 260x just was wanting to know if they have a way around the throttle limiter

From my understanding, the ECU that disables the limiter is supposed to be coming out soon. It is made by Riva. Jerry (aka Greenhulk) would know more.

and does the new hull ride better in the chop thanks.

From what I have heard Seadoo designed this hull specifically so it could be more competitive in offshore racing so of course it will be better in chop than the old RXT-X . From what I have heard they did a pretty good job on it. I think we will all know more by the end of race season.
    Answers in blue...

IMO if I were you (and I wanted a SeaDoo) then I would either get a RXP-X 255 for flat water or the new RXT-X 260 for rough water. I don't see why you would want a RXT-X 255 considering that the RXP-X will beat it in flat water and the RXT-X 260 will beat it in rough water (stock vs stock of course).

thanks the rxp-x is just to small i like bigger bikes thanks again

+1

Talking

looking to buy one of these i prefer 2010 260x just was wanting to know if they have a way around the throttle limiter and does the new hull ride better in the chop thanks
    The 2010 RXT-X 260 is the 3 seater. There is NO RXT-X 255.... maybe you mean RXP-X 255 ( 2 seater )????

2010 iTC (Throttle Control) has 70 GPS limit in the US, NOT speed limited on international RS version. The 3 seater has the new S-3 hull, the 2 seater P-X has the old fiberglass hull and shape, OPAS, etc.

Having been on all the Seadoo's and recently traded in a 2008 RXT-X 255 for a 2010 X 260, my OPINION is this S-3 hull (without OPAS) is FAR superior to the old hull in many ways. This new 3 seater handles and manuevers like a 2 seater, takes choppy water much smoother, rides higher with a dryer ride, and turns MUCH tighter and aggressive than my old T-X. SO far I am really impressed with this new ski!

Riva has a "Performance ECU" in the works and should be around $1000. Mo $$$ Mo $$$ Mo $$$$...........

Good luck with your research.

Turbo Doo's from Down Under one1one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    The 2010 RXT-X 260 is the 3 seater. There is NO RXT-X 255.... maybe you mean RXP-X 255 ( 2 seater )????

2010 iTC (Throttle Control) has 70 GPS limit in the US, NOT speed limited on international RS version. The 3 seater has the new S-3 hull, the 2 seater P-X has the old fiberglass hull and shape, OPAS, etc.

Having been on all the Seadoo's and recently traded in a 2008 RXT-X 255 for a 2010 X 260, my OPINION is this S-3 hull (without OPAS) is FAR superior to the old hull in many ways. This new 3 seater handles and manuevers like a 2 seater, takes choppy water much smoother, rides higher with a dryer ride, and turns MUCH tighter and aggressive than my old T-X. SO far I am really impressed with this new ski!

Riva has a "Performance ECU" in the works and should be around $1000. Mo $$$ Mo $$$ Mo $$$$...........

Good luck with your research.

I think he was referring to an '09 RXT-X 255.

yes i was refering to the 2009 255 t-x i know the diff between rxp and rxt just wondering if the new one is worth the extra money u can steal a 2009 255 t-x right know

Might even be cheaper than that...

yes i was refering to the 2009 255 t-x i know the diff between rxp and rxt just wondering if the new one is worth the extra money u can steal a 2009 255 t-x right know
    IMO look, you already have a great ski in the FZR. In my opinion, if I were you, I would try to get a ski that would offer me a different experience to mix things up a bit.

In other words, the RXT-X 260 is a larger ski and is made for offshore racing. It's probably going to be better than the FZR for that application and will definitely offer a different experience.

The RXP-X is really the only "small" high-performance ski still in mass production. It will definitely offer a different experience than the FZR. I'll leave it at that as to avoid starting a RXP-X vs FZR war.

This is not to say that you won't notice a difference moving from FZR to RXT-X 255 but you will see a bigger difference going to one of the other two.

Since you don't want RXP-X sized ski, all that rambling really comes down to me recommending a RXT-X 260 - if you can afford it...

JPT7779:

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Riva has a "Performance ECU" in the works and should be around $1000.
    I asked Jerry about the cost of the Riva ECU that just disables the GPS limiter. This is what he said:

The Riva ECU for Sea Doo's are less than $999.95

The ECU for this ski that removes the speed limiter are going to be even cheaper than that.
    So it sounds like it may be less than $1000 depending on which ECU you are talking about .

Duppy no who fi frighten, Make Dem Try Good2Go16's Avatar
    I have rode the RXTX 260 myself an I have to say its the best boat SeaDoo has come out with to this day.
    I was riding it in 3ft chop an it never came unhooked once, an it carves the corners nice, best 3 seater I rode yet an I rode the FZR, FZS, an the Ultra 250/260.

Seadoo has done a superb job on these hulls an its worth the money.

thanks for ur opions ive never owned a seadoo and have slways had a yammi but i had a fx sho and then the fzr i prefer the ride of the rx sho so im sure i will enjoy hte ride of the new seadoo just hope thers an easy fix for the throttl limimter thanks guys

I just went through the same thing when trying to decide what to buy. If you have an FZR, I wouldn't buy an RXP or RXPX. There are deals on 09 RXTXs, but they have problems with hulls cracking and need a lot of mods to get them competitive with the 2010 RXTX.

The difference between the 09 hull the new one is huge, there's really no comparison. The S3 turns better, tracks better and hooks up better. The riding position and ergonomics are also way better.

I'm sure a way around the limiter will be here soon, it's just how much $$ and will it void the warranty.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information