Upholstery in Michigan?

Anyone know of a decently priced place that will recover my seat somewhere around the Detroit, MI area? I really have two I need done. Everywhere I call is $100. I know a lady who does our snowmobile seats for $45, but she is up north where we ride. There has got to be someone closer. No, I don't have the time, tools or patience to do it myself.

+1
    If you can send your seat off to Jet Trim, they will install for $10 if you buy the cover from them-- I was told.?

Not sure if that is true about Jettrim installing it for $10, but shipping would make it impractical. I just bit the bullet and dropped it off to a marine upholstery shop today. I removed my stock cover to let the foam dry out a few days ago. The OEM cover is nowhere near waterproof, the seam for the color changes let water through. I called Jettrim, and they said just wrap the seat in plastic first, just like a few members on here have suggested. They said it was a good idea letting it dry out. I told the upholstery place I either needed it covered in plain vinyl or wrapped in plastic under the cover. They said they would wrap it in plastic, that is what they do with all their boat seats. Supposed to be done today, I will take a pic of it. It is one of the Riva/Jettrim ones.

Here is pics of it with the Riva seat. The upholstery place put plastic over the foam before they put on the cover. I really like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00164-20100324-1832.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	720.2 KB 
ID:	179857   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG1499.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	180621  
    Last edited by antoniodef; 03-29-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Got the Hydro-Turf installed on the GTI. Picture isn't great, took it with my phone. The black part is carbon fiber, the yellow is just regular vinyl. Very happy with how it looks and matches the ski. I would have liked to do 3 colors on the seat, but no other color seemed like it would have flowed right.

After having both a Jettrim and Hydro-Turf cover...there are some differences that I notice. The Jettrim is a lot more custom fitted to the seat, where the Hydro is more just cut to the right size. The Hydro vinyl seems thicker and more durable, where the Jettrim is part vinyl and some other materials. I like them both. The Hydro looks like a custom PWC seat cover, while the Jettrim almost seems to nice to use. Hopefully they both hold up well. The shop that installed both, said the Jettrim was way easier to work with.

All in all, I like the Jettrim better. Just my 2 cents.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00173-20100409-2049.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	603.2 KB 
ID:	182582  

you never said where you had it done at, I need that info LOL PLEASE PROVIDE I am afraid I will screw it up if I try and do it LOL.. Cya Slick

Bev's Canvas Shop Waterford, MI 248-674-4492

I have actually had three seats done by her now. No problems at all, they use stainless staples. They really only do Marine stuff, like custom covers and such. I think I paid a little over $100 for my RXP, and $145 for the GTI seat . Better than me trying to find the time to do it and messing up a $170 cover I guess.

Thanks I will go there, a little drive but then I won't have to worry about the shop screwing it up...Cya SLick

You will have no complaints. I am very, very picky about anything I have done to anything I own. I cringed when the dealer set my seat standing up on the ground to reset a maintenance light . I hollered "I got $300 into that seat cover, don't tear it!" There was not a scratch or nick on the seat covers when I got them back from Bev.

I will warn you, don't be shocked when you go there. You walk into the work area, there is no office. It seems to be just Bev and few workers. She is great though, she did one of my seats same day so I could ride the next. I get the impression she has been doing this since time began. She also gave me the referal when I needed some fiberglass work done, and those guys were stellar as well.

Thread Information