Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Try not to smile on a Jetski... GPRFrank's Avatar
    +1

Question Starting Triples Build!!!

Im fully torn down and ready for the 1200r Triples rebuild. I have some ?'s 1) The F/P's I purchase are missing few parts, Would want to know if anybody knows the best place to find them? Would love to buy the Hardware kit plus all new hose's. Also the seals that are at the top of the pipes that fit into the exhaust manifold adapters (round) part.

2) Can I install the whole shot valve kit on the stinger pipes? Is it still worth it with triples?

3) I split the cases yesterday and when I had them clean there is two light scratches where stock crank bearings sat. Is this a broblem? I bought the T/W crank that was on here with the cheap chinese bearing in front that let go. I bought a new main front bearing and all OEM seals. What is the proper torque for putting the cases back together?

4) I'm looking for the instructions on proper installation of the Vf3 reeds and plate I purchase from zx11rider (RON) and WFO's gas valves? Or any advise on installing and torque specs.

5) I have a oem head the was milled 44cc I want to run this as well but wanted some opinions on wether or not to port the cyl? If I do I would have to port the head or re mill the head as well correct?

I want to get this back together asap since weather is getting really nice now. I need to get carbs out to Bill soon. I just wanted to know what mods will be def done before he jets.

Also I have a solas 13/19 now! will I need to change this with the diff mods and rpm change? Only other mods will be triple feed fuel, MSD coils and wires, Advent CDI. Flame arrestors, FF R/D plate. R/D grate.

Please also feel free on any ideas you have or suggest I do while motor is ripped apart!!!! I will post as progress starts. Thanks For any help as I"m nervouse building a ski from scratch with mods for the first time....... Frank

+1
    You need to decide now if you are going to port or not, as it is a game changer for sure.

Parts for triples are fairly easy, O-rings can be ordered for the pipes, they are #329 Viton. The Kevlar seal I know you can get from Factory Pipe I am not sure where else. Hoses you can get almost anywhere find a good reinforced one that will handle pressure and temp.

Gas valve install is easy there are a few threads on it here is how I did it on my old 1300 ski http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...t=37956&page=5

Get a manual for the torque specs. post up a pic of the damage you see on the cases.

+1
    Send the cylinders to Woody frank or buy the 1300 set wfo has since Pat's to busy waisting his time to do so...

+1

pics

Bill, This is some of the case pics.Please let me know if it looks 100%? Thanks for the PM's I printed them out and went over them. Im trying to locate the parts missing on the pipes. The hardeware kit is item #15 comasmo843 I also included a pic of the two rubber pieces on the mounts that need to be replaced. I also wanted to know if anybody could recomend a place to buy the hose? And what size?

Will the whole shot kit still work with these?

Also Im in the process of doing the pump reinforcements. Is it a must to do the intake grate bolts?

TJ I would love to buy the 1300 heads. You have the rest?
    TJ how much of the bulk head can be removed to make more room since I plan on installing the battery and cdi further back? Without weakining the hull?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00270.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	471.7 KB 
ID:	179463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00271.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	466.0 KB 
ID:	179464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00273.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	450.2 KB 
ID:	179465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00275.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	518.3 KB 
ID:	179466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00265.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	471.4 KB 
ID:	179467  

I have a set of NOVI for sale if you want to upgrade

+1

PM

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    You have a PM

+1

Novi's

Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    OMG those are sick looking! I would be afraid to ride at 8000 rps with that under my @#$ I will have to see if I can part with some thing first.Funds are low. Thanks for the offer.

+1

2 strokes!

Seems 2 strokes are becoming more of the past. Think im about 2 years behind on this build!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRFrank View Post
    Seems 2 strokes are becoming more of the past. Think im about 2 years behind on this build!
    Nice job showing up late! I'm excited to ride this ski.

+1

mike

Thank You That made my day Mke! Now all i need is somebody to tell me these cases look like they will work and I will start building

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information