Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

93 waverunner - what to do?

Well, while trying to hunt down a trailer for the 99 gp1200, I ran across some one who had what appears to be a 93 wave runner. I had to grab it, seeing how I got both trailer and ski for less than a descent used trailer on Craigslist..... cheap!
    This lady said it ran the last time they used it, a couple of years ago, but had been just sitting there covered up, still in really good shape, for the most part, just a dirty hull.
    The engine is super clean, but didnt get a chance to play with it before the dark, cold rain, set in tonight and battery deader than shoot too!

She said she gave $1500 for it about 4-5 yrs ago, but the thing is the title isnt with it and she never xferd it * she did give me the name of the guy who had it last, what can I do about this, if I cant hunt him down, get a junk title or apply for a new one, any ideas !? *

I most likely wont keep it, unless the wife will ride it, but figured I'd check with everyone and see what their thoughts are about it? Worth it, part it?
    Im anxious the get the sexy 1200 running bad and need to finance the work

Any place to DL a service manual on it?

thanks again for all the great help!

some states dont have titles, just registrations, so you'd have to contact the last registered owner sign it over to you,then apply for a title in your state...

depending on the model(???) it may be worth it to part out to further finance your 1200 build. A running motor and working pump assembly are always in demand,and an un titled hull for those that damaged theirs is profitable if you can store it till a sale

+1

Obtaining A Title...

I just went through the process of obtaining a new title for my watercraft. I bought a GP1200 without tags, title, or any documentation and was able to go to the Secretary of State and register for it without any issues.

It all really depends on where you are from and what you can prove/provide. It sounds like all you are missing is the title which isn't a big deal. Do you still have the HIN (Hull Identification Numbers) on the hull? They are black plastic tags usually found of the outside rear of the ski and on the inner engine compartment hull. If you have these it shouldn't be any problem taking them to SOS and getting a new title. You will most likely have to wait as they will do a background check to make sure the ski is not reported stolen. I would try to conjure a bill of sale or signature from the owner(s) with their addresses. Again if you have the above mentioned it shouldn't be a problem, and it doesn't really cost much - I paid $5 to title mine!

Here is the thread I started to show how I did this:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119157

Good Luck,

Adam

+1
    Thanks for the info. all !!
    I am in KY so a title is needed. I do still have the HINs on it.
    I also, have a typed and signed receipt for the purchase.... ( there's a title, the lady I got it from said, but the guy she got it from wouldn't ever sign it over, he's a busy busy man, or say she says. He owns a local favorite restaurant of mine, so Ill have hunt him down. This lady probably didn't pursue this either cause where she lives, she could ride and never be pulled over! )

As I mentioned, I was just out driving around next to the river, I figured there would be at least one person with an old trailer to get rid of - well, seems I lucked up on this one, 'cept for the title, and that may or may not be a biggie, guess well see.

Anyways, I didn't really even want the ski because I don't care for the design of the hull that much, but she said I had to take it if I wanted the trailer, so whatever... $250 for both - good deal to me, sure others would agree.

After today, I just may end keeping it..... as I said before, it hadn't been ridden in a cpl. of years, but all I did was prime the plugs, and she fired right up!!! I was amazed, really. This thing was just nasty, It had been sitting in a forest and was mostly covered up, but still nasty as hell with mildew and moss, I was grossed out just trying to clean the thing. It smelled like death!
    She is as clean as a whistle now, purty and white again!

Keep in mind, I'm very new, but can anyone tell me why the fire ext. is filled with what appears to be cocaine ? - it's old, yes, but didn't know it would be sol old it would turn to powder form!!!

Here's a cpl pics.... motor was almost spotless too, before the cleaning, very surprised!
    The dumb mofos had AUTOLITE plugs, which is a ford plug, for a car - WTF !?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0052.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	179489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0053.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	179490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0056.jpg 
Views:	559 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	179491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0059.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	179492  

thats a wr 500 ..not fast, but fun to take out on the water...
    Indiana is one state close to you that has no title,just registations..

you may be able to get your dept of transportation to run a search via the reg# numbers on the side of the hull also, as those were assigned to that particular ski...

+1
    Indiana has titles...!

+1
    CDW,

I do not have a Waverunner 500 manual. I apologize for any inconvenience. Try 'Z-Mann' on PWCtoday.com

Adam

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Indiana has titles...!
    Yep.

My wavejammer came from indiana and It only had registation papers,in a blue and white plastic laminated paper stuffed in the extiguisher container(grandfathered ?),...I do remember that it fell under a so many feet long designator and if i'm remembering correctly there was an over so many dollars of value that played a role...

+1
    Well, I got a hold of the guy who used to own it ( before the lady I got it from ) he said, a week ago he'd look into it and try to get me the paper work.... when he went down soon to xfer a boat. Guess we will see.
    I'd say, I'm probably gonna have to stay on his tail over it.

I called the clerks and they said I for sure will have to have the title to do anything with it. So Hope he gets it taken care of for me, asap!

Over the weekend I finished cleaning it, inside and out. Sanded the whole trailer and repainted it gloss black, looks 10x's better with all the faded white and rust gone!

I took the ski out on the river and it ran great, it will get up and go too!

All in all it's grown on me, so I guess I'll keep it. The wife seems to like it, so It'll give her one to play with!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information