Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Polaris Virage copy?? (help)

Hi im a newbie here just wondering whats the different with a real polaris and a copy one engine parts etc..
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/23..._2_stroke.html

my uncle gave me his no longer using it, took it out for a test run and was running smooth apart from starting (its a 2 stroke) how about getting parts for them are the real and copy polaris use same parts. BTW im from australia

+1
    Welcome to Greenhulk!

How about some pics, specifically the engine compartment. what year is it?

There's some interesting stuff going on on that site...

I wonder how their parts support is. Might be a good source for discontinued Virage parts...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hull.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	179354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eng1.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	179355   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eng2.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	179356  

+1
    there is a thread around here that has a video link to it about these polaris knock offs, if i come across it i will post it but do a search on here and see what comes upp

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by filopola View Post
    Hi im a newbie here just wondering whats the different with a real polaris and a copy one engine parts etc..
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/23..._2_stroke.html

my uncle gave me his no longer using it, took it out for a test run and was running smooth apart from starting (its a 2 stroke) how about getting parts for them are the real and copy polaris use same parts. BTW im from australia
    Welcome to Green Hulk.

Here we go again .

Search for "Yongwang" or " Wang" .

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

Is your PWC actually made by Weifang Sea World Boat Co., Ltd, or is it another Chinese brand?

GH member zephyrlius has a Yongwang Polaris replica, which we discussed in this thread;
    Polaris virage idle problem

Found d info I need thanks guys. Btw do u need to put a blidge pump?? And if so where would the hose go when it sucks water out?? One more thing u know when u ride your ski there is water shooting out, mine doesn't do that anyone have Idea why mine doesn't fo it. Sorry for all these question, really dnt know anything about the jetski. Got to get a manual book

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by filopola View Post
    Found info I need thanks guys.

Btw do u need to put a bilge pump?? And if so where would the hose go when it sucks water out??

One more thing u know when u ride your ski there is water shooting out, mine doesn't do that anyone have Idea why mine doesn't do it.

Sorry for all these question, really didn't know anything about the jetski.

Got to get a manual book
    You do need to read up on these things.

Not just on your model, but also on safe PWC operation and marine rules and safety.

Only Yamaha brand Waverunners have the visibility water spout. It can be added to other brands, if it is important to you.

An electric bilge pump mounts down low in the hull, and it draws water directly into the bottom of the pump.

There is a hose exit, often high on the hull at the rear, where the water gets pumped out. On some models, the bilge pump water exit is down low in the pump tunnel.

There must be an anti-siphon air bleed in the water exit hoses if there is any chance of the exit fitting being below water level. Polaris uses an plastic elbow with a tiny air hole as an anti-siphon suction break (first photo).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5240088.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	179378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB119461 b.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	725.9 KB 
ID:	179389  

thanks for that i was wondering what that hole was lol. BTW been looking around this site and cant find anything on how to maintain the polaris jetski after using it in the water for example flushing it etc, step by step would be good. when flushing the motor should the engine be running the previous owner said not to, just turn the nut where the garden tap is in the ski anticlock and run normal water is that right?

One last thing my mate and i was debating weather the polaris virage has an engine oil to put oil, like a dip stick on normal car. I told him there wasnt, thats why you put the 2 stroke oil in! am i right guys?
    sorry to hassle you guys you dont know how dump i am on jetski lol

thanks alot this site is awesome better then the Australian site

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    You do need to read up on these things.

Not just on your model, but also on safe PWC operation and marine rules and safety.

Only Yamaha brand Waverunners have the visibility water spout. It can be added to other brands, if it is important to you.

An electric bilge pump mounts down low in the hull, and it draws water directly into the bottom of the pump.

There is a hose exit, often high on the hull at the rear, where the water gets pumped out. On some models, the bilge pump water exit is down low in the pump tunnel.

There must be an anti-siphon air bleed in the water exit hoses if there is any chance of the exit fitting being below water level. Polaris uses an plastic elbow with a tiny air hole as an anti-siphon suction break (first photo).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information