Better rough water ride... RXT, XLT1200, Honda F12X

Of these three skis what is the best stay seated rough ride? Just sold my Honda and am considering building a XLT conversion but if the RXT is a better rough ride then the XLT I'll probably just buy a RXT. If not I'll do the XLT conversion as I like the look of the XLT. While I loved the honda on many levels but it seemed to be a very rough ride in a seated position. Before everyone says why not stand up. I have partial paralysis and can't support myself standing while riding rough water. That's why I need to know best seated rough ride.

Thanks

Mike

I love my XLT, as a physical therapist i can understand your needs. From personal experience and biomechanical perspective rough water riding while sitting down and not shock absorbing through your both legs can/will be very detrimental to your spine. Im sure you know this, if your not standing in rough water, your spine will be the shock absorber. Look at a ski with a super comfy well supported seat, like the yamaha cruiser series.
    I personaly cant tolerate a passanger with me because it forces me to sit. This is fine in calm smooth water, but i will not even go into rough because of spinal impact.
    Keep us posted on your decision

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrownline View Post
    Of these three skis what is the best stay seated rough ride? Just sold my Honda and am considering building a XLT conversion but if the RXT is a better rough ride then the XLT I'll probably just buy a RXT. If not I'll do the XLT conversion as I like the look of the XLT. While I loved the honda on many levels but it seemed to be a very rough ride in a seated position. Before everyone says why not stand up. I have partial paralysis and can't support myself standing while riding rough water. That's why I need to know best seated rough ride.

Thanks

Mike
    I think the best ski for you would be the seadoo IS model with the top deck that floats i have seen this ski in action and it cruises right over the rough with less rider bounce. Ron

If you got the money, i agree

+1

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Have a look at the new SeaDoo models with suspension system. They are called 'iS' models - Intelligent Suspension.

They are expensive models, but apparently the ride is much smoother.

Right now, SeaDoo is the only company with a suspension system for the seat and upper deck.

http://www.sea-doo.com/en-US/watercraft/Showroom.htm

http://www.sea-doo.com/en-US/watercr...ormance/gtxis/

Thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately, a new SD isn't in the future. It's either a RXT or XLT conversion. The lake I ride is usually smooth but on holidays and poker run it's rough so 90% of the time will be smooth(ish) it's that other 10% that I want the best ride for my money. My Honda seemed to land hard with the slightest chop/wake. On glass I could walk my friends on STX-15F's but once it got the slightest bit choppy they walked me.

+1
    RXT will be a better ride of the 3 you picked. Seadoo has always had a comfy ride for the most part. And stay hooked up well.....almost as good as a kawi...

Thread Information