Thread: Water Wetter

+1

Water Wetter

Anybody use this in their ski?

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=74&pcid=10

We run this in all our drag cars and was thinking about giving it a shot on the water.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I used this on my street bike and it really works like magic, I believe water wetter on a ski will make the water temp too low for it to operate right,
    I thinkkkk I might be wrong.

Worked great in my car in the past. Have not used it in awhile. May try it this summer

+1
    I used a bottle of it last year after doing my thermo-mod. Might have dropped it like 2 degrees on top of what the lower t-stat drops it.

+1
    If it was that good seadoo would put that in from the factory along with all the other brands. The thermostat regulates the coolant temp. The coolant just carries the heat away from the engine to the ride plate where it is transfered to the body of water you are riding in. Waste of $ in my opinon

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    If it was that good seadoo would put that in from the factory. Waste of $ in my opinon
    Kinda like if metal washers were better than ceramic, seadoo would have installed metal ones in all of their models??? Doesnt work that way. If so, the aftermarket world of better parts wouldnt exist.....everything better would just be installed from jump street.

I forget the exact details, but water wetter is supposed to do something like treat the water so that it doesnt allow for so many tiny boiling heat bubbles to stick along the coolant channels in the motor....allowing more of the heat to get exchanged out in the radiator where it all belongs (dont quote me precisely for my memory...but thats the idea).

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    I forget the exact details, but water wetter is supposed to do something like treat the water so that it doesnt allow for so many tiny boiling heat bubbles to stick along the coolant channels in the motor....allowing more of the heat to get exchanged out in the radiator where it all belongs (dont quote me precisely for my memory...but thats the idea).
    thats correct, thats what they claim, It worked great for me.

But also if you use water wetter and you dont remove it in the winter, it will freeze, water wetter will freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    thats correct, thats what they claim, It worked great for me.

But also if you use water wetter and you dont remove it in the winter, it will freeze, water wetter will freeze.
    Correct...thats why in my car i use the traditional 70/30 ratio (distilled water/antifreeze) and spike it all with a bottle or two of watter wetter. Im not usually sold by fancy product gymics (especially when it comes to fluids/additives) but I believe that water wetter does produce a level of results....usually more noticeable in high performance vehicles - maybe not so much noticeable to the "naked eye" in the wife's grocery-getter

Thread Information