Thread: Possum Kingdom

+1

Possum Kingdom

Alright, starting to plan a trip out to Possum Kingdom and would like to get comments/recommendations from everyone on where to ride (the creek from Google maps looks awesome!) and where to stay overnight. I'm taking the girlfriend so I need some place decently nice - I have to pay to play kind of trade off. I've read up on the cliffs - seems nice but there are also some bad reviews on tripadvisor. Hide Away cabins looks good but their hi season rates start the end of the month and I was hoping to make the trip the first or second week in April.

THANKS!

Hide Away Cabins http://www.pkhideaway.com/Hide%20Awa...ice%20List.htm

The Cliffs http://www.thecliffsresort.com/

View of PK Creek

Or, if the pic doesn't work, here's the link - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...38173&t=h&z=12

+1
    Looking rightnow myself. I know nothing about the lake but always wanted to go. Did you ever go?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TX21 View Post
    Looking rightnow myself. I know nothing about the lake but always wanted to go. Did you ever go?
    Went for a day trip in Sept of last year with the GF and had an awesome time even though it was right after the wild fires and the lake level was LOW. So low that I had to scrap my plans for launching at Sandy Creek Marina and launch at the D&D loop just up the road. If you plan to go, check the lake levels first and if it's up, stop off at the Welcome Center on your way in (Park Rd 36) and chat with the sweet old ladies who will talk your ear off but they know what launches are open and can guide you to the best places to eat. Also, you can fill up with gas on the lake at Papas Wheel House - yes the gas is expensive as hell!! And, before I forget, take a GPS or good map with you when you ride because it's easy to get turned around.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasGV View Post
    Went for a day trip in Sept of last year with the GF and had an awesome time even though it was right after the wild fires and the lake level was LOW. So low that I had to scrap my plans for launching at Sandy Creek Marina and launch at the D&D loop just up the road. If you plan to go, check the lake levels first and if it's up, stop off at the Welcome Center on your way in (Park Rd 36) and chat with the sweet old ladies who will talk your ear off but they know what launches are open and can guide you to the best places to eat. Also, you can fill up with gas on the lake at Papas Wheel House - yes the gas is expensive as hell!! And, before I forget, take a GPS or good map with you when you ride because it's easy to get turned around.
    WOW I did not relize that thread was so old! Thanx for the reply though. Lake shows 5' low right now so its not too bad I guess. Wish there was a better place to stay pkhideaway wants $450 for two nights (min) and thats just too much for my blood. I'll post up if I go and find another place to stay.

Hey guys, took the boat there MANY yrs. ago but never the PWC so please post experiences and suggestions on where to ride. Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greggtex View Post
    Hey guys, took the boat there MANY yrs. ago but never the PWC so please post experiences and suggestions on where to ride. Thanks.
    Will update late next week...

+1
    www.pkhideaway.com I stayed there cabin was awesome. There were two resturants withing walking distance so that was cool. Cabin had all the stuff you need so just bring a few beers and hit the restuants for dinner. Breakfast was a short drive less than a mile. I was in this cabin #2 boat launch was right there as you can see.

I didn not get to ride much had the family and they didn't ride at all. You can get to the south d&d ramp and hit Hells gate in a 20 minute ride or so. Water is murky and cold right now. Had deer all over the place but not much else to do there. Don't know if I will go back soon I think I prefer Lake Whitney over PK but I would prob have to make one more trip when I can ride some more to get the full effect, like hit some river parts.

Thread Information