Thread: pump shaft

pump shaft

hi there how do l mod my pump sharft like the 2010 sharft some one said on here l have to take off 19mm and how do l do that coonass mod
    with that bolt on the end dose it fix the problom any info would be great......

ps....thanks for every 1 who gave me info about my top end speed couldnt beleave it was some think simple found out my reverse bucket wasnt going all the way up l had to push it back this was my problom fixed it up and my speedo was out by 13kph ski went a hell a lot better lam now getting 112kph gps feels like a new ski the bucket was blocking some of the jet off l reverse the ski off the trailer all the time the handle never went all the way down didnt think any think of it till know.....

+1
    dobbo, dobbo, dobbo, i hope you know what your doing man, surely you have done the searches on both sites and seen all the pictures and read all about it. but i guess you haven't .
    here it is again in plain ausralian for ya.
    the first picture shows where everything sits on the shaft you have to get a machinest (fitter and turner) to turn down the shaft so it fits the second bearing in as waz said possibly 19mm, then you get the same machinest to turn a thread on the opposite end of the shaft this is where the nut fits on . look at your shaft then look at the one pictured you dont need to be a rocket scientist to work it out even a forklift driver could see what needs to be done.
    the second pic is with everything in place but take note the shaft is not machined to take the second bearing as yet and the rear one is not pressed on
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23032010246.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	950.7 KB 
ID:	179511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23032010247.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	179512  

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    dobbo, dobbo, dobbo, i hope you know what your doing man, surely you have done the searches on both sites and seen all the pictures and read all about it. but i guess you haven't .
    the first picture shows where everything sits on the shaft you have to get a machinest (fitter and turner) to turn down the shaft so it fits the second bearing in as waz said possibly 19mm, then you get the same machinest to turn a thread on the opposite end of the shaft this is where the nut fits on . look at your shaft then look at the one pictured you dont need to be a rocket scientist to work it out even a forklift driver could see what needs to be done.
    the second pic is with everything in place but take note the shaft is not machined to take the second bearing as yet and the rear one is not pressed on

Thanks nicjak lam going to take it done to the machinest that dose my race car to do this l just want to get this right l dont want to stuff my motor over this fatory fault l know to many people that have had a bearing fail and stuffed motor lam new to theres skis l use to yamms

+1
    we wont hold the yammy thing against you, at least your not a seadonkey boy. welcome, site back and learn lots of good peeps on here like corey the destroy of motors, sorry mate couldnt resist now you have beaten my record.

do the conass mod, do the double bearing. and check your bearings regularly and you will be all good.

+1
    thanks dave kinda scary when you pull the motor down and know where every nut, bolt, and o-ring belongs shit even starting to remember bolt tensions, and i only ride it to church on sundays by the way its not a record i am too proud of

Quote Originally Posted by JET250 View Post
    we wont hold the yammy thing against you, at least your not a seadonkey boy. welcome, site back and learn lots of good peeps on here like corey the destroy of motors, sorry mate couldnt resist now you have beaten my record.

do the conass mod, do the double bearing. and check your bearings regularly and you will be all good.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Great write up, pretty sure I understand but would be handy to see another link on how 2, so as I'm 100% sure of what needs doing.

Link???

+1
    mat it's on the sticky at the top of the page under pump shaft solution or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by hudsta View Post
    mat it's on the sticky at the top of the page under pump shaft solution or something like that
    Have you done this on yours?
    Me old man is a sheet metal worker and has lathe etc... so no bother in turning down the shaft, order a new bearing and throw it all togeather, but my ski has 3 1/2 years warranty on it, so do i bother??? as if i do this then i guess i void warrenty if i have a failure on this part.

Thread Information