Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    bavboym3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    234
    +1
    6

    Mod Crew: Whats my next steps??

    I am bringing my ski to the shop soon to get an oil change, and I have these parts im going to install.

    *Riva Power Filter Kit
    *Riva RXP Intake Grate
    *Riva Pump Wedge
    *Stainless Steel Wear Ring
    *RE Block Offs

    What else should I do to her? Is there any free mods I should do? Whats my next steps? I want the ski to be in the 75-77mph range but bullitproof reliable!

    Also anything to make it look even more badass?



  2. #2
    jpeconsult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pineville, LA
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    1
    I wouldn't install the ss wear ring unless you have a solid front motor mount.

    Research a fluid extractor for ~$75 and do the oil change yourself. You will start making money starting with your second oil change. Dealers charging in upwards of $150 for a basic oil change.

  3. #3
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by bavboym3 View Post
    Also anything to make it look even more badass?
    Loose all the stickers, especially the big RXP.

  4. #4
    Laxcrazy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manahwakin
    Posts
    611
    +1
    7
    Everything you have listed is something you can do on your own. your going to pay a hefty price to have those parts installed. Also get yourself a pump and do the oil yourself...It's easy

    would also suggest losing the Riva intake and go with a homemade 4. Better airflow

  5. #5
    bavboym3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    234
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    I wouldn't install the ss wear ring unless you have a solid front motor mount.

    Research a fluid extractor for ~$75 and do the oil change yourself. You will start making money starting with your second oil change. Dealers charging in upwards of $150 for a basic oil change.

    I thought the SS wear ring was a great reliability mod???

  6. #6
    bavboym3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    234
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    Everything you have listed is something you can do on your own. your going to pay a hefty price to have those parts installed. Also get yourself a pump and do the oil yourself...It's easy

    would also suggest losing the Riva intake and go with a homemade 4. Better airflow

    Is there a solid write up on doing all these parts myself?? I am failr mechanical. Where do i get the fluis extrator?

  7. #7
    dhoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Aurora, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    3,182
    +1
    6
    get your oil extractor right here

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=864

  8. #8
    bavboym3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    234
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post

    Sweet! What kind of oil do you use? How many quarts?

    DIY oil change info?

  9. #9
    Never Time To Ride antoniodef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Waterford, Michigan
    Posts
    1,169
    You will want a new prop. You are basically doing a Riva Stage 1 with the grate, wedge and air intake. A Solas 14/19 is what they recommend for Stage 1.

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...products_id=18

    All the directions for everything can be found on the Riva site, rivaracing.com

    The 4" air intake instead of the 3" Power Filter is actually substantially cheaper.

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1160

    Directions for the 4" air intake

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...kanaflex+groco

    If you search around, you will find instructions on everything you need.

  10. #10
    bavboym3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    234
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    You will want a new prop. You are basically doing a Riva Stage 1 with the grate, wedge and air intake. A Solas 14/19 is what they recommend for Stage 1.

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...products_id=18

    All the directions for everything can be found on the Riva site, rivaracing.com

    The 4" air intake instead of the 3" Power Filter is actually substantially cheaper.

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1160

    Directions for the 4" air intake

    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...kanaflex+groco

    If you search around, you will find instructions on everything you need.

    Awesome. I wonder what glue/fluids i need to install all of this stuff.

    I already have the riva filter kit so i might as well use it?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New new to me lightly modded 02 GP1200r, I wonder what the next step is?
    By 1FASTGP1200R in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2015, 06:24 PM
  2. Cavitation...on the limiter...what is my next step...
    By maniacal_rick in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 02:12 PM
  3. What my next mod on a budget
    By thatdude596 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-17-2011, 07:32 PM
  4. Whats the next step??
    By Rxpmia118 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 10:50 AM
  5. tested new mods today...what's next?
    By snake4345 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 07:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •