need sea doo advise

I am new to the PWC world and I am looking at purchasing a pair of 2005 Sea Doo rxt's. They have 70 hrs on them. I have been warned to stay away from super chargers but I sure would like the extra power. What is considered high hours on these motors? Any info is greatly appreciated.

+1
    make sure the s/c washers have been replaced.70 hours is quite low for 05's

The 04-05's are known for having problems with valves breaking. Trust me I know from experience

Quote Originally Posted by Demoman View Post
    I am new to the PWC world and I am looking at purchasing a pair of 2005 Sea Doo rxt's. They have 70 hrs on them. I have been warned to stay away from super chargers but I sure would like the extra power. What is considered high hours on these motors? Any info is greatly appreciated.

How much are they asking?

Yes, generally speaking, 70hrs is somewhat low/average hrs. And certainly even lower considering the year. It took me 1.5yrs to reach 75hrs on my '05 and I ride mine sorta often and without completely parking it in winters.

It's my understanding that many people have logged 200-400+ hrs on these motors.

There's really not much to worry about as long as you dont get significant water into the motor, and you change out the supercharger washers (for the metal ones) as soon as you get to it.

I have an 05 rxp....ran strong like a clock until I towed tha bitch without pinching off the exhaust coolant line - destroyed the motor a month later since the cylinder was back-filled with water and bent the rod.
    No big deal though....just install a shut-off valve in the hose and close it when you tow it in the water.

Other than those couple of drastic precautions, just take care of it like you would any other toy and they'll be just fine These are actually very strong motors and much more well-built that the dinky 2-strokes of the 80s and 90s.

If the price is right and you know their general history, I say go for it.

Thread Information