Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

well got it back together 750 but

Well got all the new fuel lines ran and carb cleaned choke and it started but it ran wide open pushed kill switch. what could cause this and how can i fix it. Tried pumping the throttle but still ran wide open just dont know.

Thanks Jim

+1
    How did you get fuel to it? pour it down the carbs? or strickly from the fuel pump?

If you put it down the carbs, it could run wild on ya uncontrolled for a few seconds.. always add 2-cycle oil to that gas if you do it that way.

Is the throttle cable binding or stuck open?

No I got it strictly from the tank just kept choking and cranking till it fired off i didnt wont it to run for to long because I didnt have the water on it Also I dont have the drive shaft put on yet could that make a difference

+1
    Hmmm.. thats cool. least it came from the pump.. Try it again with no priming and see if it goes wild again on ya. no throttle, just start it.or try to with no throttle and see what the butterfly choke valves are doing while trying to start. they should be closed. tell me the orientation of them at idle . are they flat or open?(actually, it wouldnt run with the valves wide open at idle)

keep your face away from ther carbs while starting just in case you get abackfire. ya never know..

I think you choked the s&*& out of it too much wanting it to start. chill on the choke and jus start er up. see what happens..

It's a JEEP thing...You wouldn't Understand dirtdude35's Avatar
    they will sound like a runaway almost with out the pump on. mine did. put the pump on and all is good.

+1
    I think he is saying,, without the jetpump connected, your engine will run out of the water at like 3000RPMs till the pump is on and under load in the water..
    Idle should be 1250RPMs in the water. You cant adjust the idle out of the water..

Be careful running it out of the water, this happened to me too
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...hlight=runaway

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    I think he is saying,, without the jetpump connected, your engine will run out of the water at like 3000RPMs till the pump is on and under load in the water..
    Idle should be 1250RPMs in the water. You cant adjust the idle out of the water..
    that is with the pump on. you are right but with out the pump it will be higher with no load at all. i think mine was about 3500 or 4000 with out the pump. but once the pump was on it went back down.

Ok maybe I will just wait till I put the pump back on because the mfd dosent work I havent got in to that yet. Also I wont to do away with the oil injection what do I need ti take off of the motor to do that. I have already mixed the new gas that I put in the tank. It does rev alittle more when i pull the throttle. This is so much fun I love to work on things. Just wish I knew more about PWC

Quote Originally Posted by JAG1926 View Post
    because the mfd dosent work
    have you checked the fuse in the elc. box?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information