seepoo gts 1999 720

I am looking at buying a 99 seadoo gts for a grand from a neighbor. The only problem is the ski will not accelerate past half throttle. He tells me they took it to a tech and they told him it could be the throttle cable. They also told him the compression was good.
    I have not heard it run, but the throttle looks and feels fine. I have been reading that it could be all kinds of things. I would appreciate it if I could get a comment from someone that has had this issue and solved it. Random ideas will just send me in circles.
    Thanks,

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    You should be appreciative of anyone that takes the time to suggest a solution. Those that do obviously have had this issue, or they wouldn't be suggesting it.

I would also suggest that you shape up the tude or take it elsewhere...

+1
    Dang...

We seem to have encountered an advice Nazi.

So, just what would your criteria be? It would seem that if someone suggests something that is not the problem (even though it could have been) then they have led you in circles and violated your rights to a simple, easy, no trouble on your part fix.

Fair enough, I suppse.

Of course, you are asking this question while admitting that you have not even bothered to hear the boat run let alone try to ride it and do any kind of work on your own.

And yet, I should be able to give you an accurate assesment of a problem on a boat that I have never even seen, let alone been able to touch, hear, feel, test. And just to put a fine point on it, no one else here has either.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    Dang...

We seem to have encountered an advice Nazi.

So, just what would your criteria be? It would seem that if someone suggests something that is not the problem (even though it could have been) then they have led you in circles and violated your rights to a simple, easy, no trouble on your part fix.

Fair enough, I suppse.

Of course, you are asking this question while admitting that you have not even bothered to hear the boat run let alone try to ride it and do any kind of work on your own.

And yet, I should be able to give you an accurate assesment of a problem on a boat that I have never even seen, let alone been able to touch, hear, feel, test. And just to put a fine point on it, no one else here has either.
    andy, so are you saying you can't diagnose the problem.....damn, i thought you were better than that.

btw, are you coming to norris this year? rumour has it you were coming. if you are, you should bring that shooter character along too.

I am sorry if I offended anyone. It did not sound condescending to me when I wrote it.
    I would have rode the ski, but the lake has not been filled yet.

i think you title is what did it.
    look at the throttle plates while fully depressing on the throttle control. maybe a restriction in the air box.

+1
    Bad wear ring

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Here's an accurate asessment. The Tech doesn't know CRAP. Throttle cables NEVER stick. If so, they stick at that point and never release. That is just plain dumb.

So, for the real possibilities. Did you notice if the fuel lines are still gray? 90% probability it is fuel delivey. If the lines are still gray, start with cleaning the carbs' internal filter screens. Then replace the fuel lines, and remove and clean the inside of the fuel selector switch.

The above paragraph should get you full throttle.

And install a new pair of NGK BR8ES plugs too.

Good luck with your SeaPoo...

And BTW random ideas are free. You simply choose to do it or not. So it is completely your fault if you choose it, and go in circles.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    andy, so are you saying you can't diagnose the problem.....damn, i thought you were better than that.

btw, are you coming to norris this year? rumour has it you were coming. if you are, you should bring that shooter character along too.
    I guess I am just getting old, Jeremy.

Either that or the fact that a '99 GTS at full throttle would seem like half speed to me (though I got my start on 717s so I can not bash them too much).

I want to make it up there, at least for Saturday. I can not speak for the Shoooter since he is a bit of a shut-in and only goes out for a glass of warm milk and to deliver the mail. I will try to get him to come but it may mean driving to C-town, winching his boat onto my trailer and then duct taping him onto the roof rack.

Thread Information