Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Mark says he is getting close!

I spoke to Mark today and he said he is in the final stages of dialing in my EMS map for pump gas. He also said, "your ski has CRAZY ACCELERATION!" My ski (2003 GTX) must be pretty fast if Mark uses the word "crazy". Mark and Mike Farr will be testing this week and hopefully Mike will take videos and show us the results of Mark's efforts.

I have a side bet with Mike on what my real top speed will be. I am pretty sure that I should crack 68mph. Put in your two cents and make a guess?

no one wants to hear my 2 [email protected]#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@

I build Horsepower
    +1
    it only takes me 3-4 week to do a EMS in my spare time. and about 1 weekend to install it..

1 year? whats that all about.. even putting a engine on my dyno would not take 2 weeks to tune. and thats when i just take my time after work.

feel for ya bro..

sg

Quote Originally Posted by peteshauling
    no one wants to hear my 2 [email protected]#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@
    Like I said...............

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark
    it only takes me 3-4 week to do a EMS in my spare time. and about 1 weekend to install it..
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark

1 year? whats that all about.. even putting a engine on my dyno would not take 2 weeks to tune. and thats when i just take my time after work.

feel for ya bro..

sg
    As much as I hated the long wait and almost got a divorce over the whole thing it may turn out good in the end. No one can tune a jetski like Mark and unfortunately there is only one Mark. Remember tuning is not just the engine but all the 10,000 other things that go into the mix. He needs to byte the bullet and hire some mechanics and just manage them to free-up himself. Evidently, he is the chief cook and bottle washer and never gets to complete anything with all the interruptions. When my ski is done you are going to be impressed with his talent. I think he is trying to make the best couch (GTX/RXT) possible with standard Rotax Racing parts while keeping the boost at a reasonable level. I think I may be the first because all the other RR skis are for racing and run on race fuel. When I originally bought the ski from Mark, I put 140 hours on it in the first summer. I hope the reliability continues. Mark will be testing on Thursday and hopefully we will get better numbers. The good part is that I might be able to install the –B- Kit, split drive shaft and 3-blade at a later time and get even better results?

Glad to hear it Phil, as for me........well.............

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by peteshauling
    Glad to hear it Phil, as for me........well.............
    I would think that Mark should be getting on your ski next week. Now that I was the gueinea pig, your ski should be a snap.

Phil, you started this thread a month ago....................How close is he really

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by peteshauling View Post
    Phil, you started this thread a month ago....................How close is he really
    He left our skis flat and decided that Havasu was more important than getting our skis done. The season is over for us now. It is going to be 40 degrees this weekend. I have been trying to get Mike Farr on the phone, but to no avail. I think he went to Havasu as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information