Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Motec lovers

Motec lovers

Questions for you Motec lovers out there

I have a 2010 FZS coming into Brissy next month and after I run it in will be modifying it.

I have looked on Motecs site at their M400 series and they state if you plug it in to a stock standard FZS which I understand is about 210HP? then it will give me 38HP more so I should be at 250HP right?

Then if I do their mods that is on their graph like air intake/manifold upgrade/exhaust and monster boost wheel then I should add 64HP and be about 274HP right?

What boost is this monster wheel rated at?

I was looking at putting on the ETTS low boost wheel that is rated at 11 pds at 7700 will this be similar?

With this and the right pitch would this ski run better than 75 mphr but acceleration be with a repitched prop?

At rated 275HP according to the Motec site with these mods assuming stock is 210HP( please correct me if I am wrong on these figures) will the pump/repitched prop handle this or will I need a pump upgrade?

So if you buy the Motec and you want to sell the ski in say 2 seasons which is what I do you can take it off plug in the standard ECU sellthe ski, buy another plug in the Motec and away you go, so will the Motec be good for awhile with future models of skis?

Can this ECU M400 be used on other brands of skis down the track?

What I am really thinking is get my 2010 plug a Motec in, do some minor mods like air filter/manifold intake upgrade/exhaust/filter/intake grate maybe supercharger impeller/intercooler kit, run around my waterways like a mad man for a year or 2, take out the Motec sell the ski, buy a new one do the minor mods, plug in Motec and way we go again.

Sounds right?

If so, then these Motecs sound really good and worth the dollars for future skis that I may buy.
    I thought about the R2 reflash but because i sell my skis after 2 seasons at most I think/hope Motec will be the go for long term investment.

And to whip my seadoo/Kawi mates asses

Cheers for any replies guys, and anyone with a M400 and these sort of mods and what pitch you running and performance gains achieved without major mods. lol.

My wife/mates think I spend way too much time on these forums but you know, I love this sport and now its time to show them what the research is all about when I blast past them , lol !!!

Matt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coldspace View Post

I have a 2010 FZS coming into Brissy next month and after I run it in will be modifying it.

I have looked on Motecs site at their M400 series and they state if you plug it in to a stock standard FZS which I understand is about 210HP? then it will give me 38HP more so I should be at 250HP right?Yes

Then if I do their mods that is on their graph like air intake/manifold upgrade/exhaust and monster boost wheel then I should add 64HP and be about 274HP right?Yes

What boost is this monster wheel rated at? About 14.5psi in real life.

I was looking at putting on the ETTS low boost wheel that is rated at 11 pds at 7700 will this be similar?Yes

With this and the right pitch would this ski run better than 75 mphr but acceleration be with a repitched prop?Depends on the rest of the setup but yes

At rated 275HP according to the Motec site with these mods assuming stock is 210HP( please correct me if I am wrong on these figures) will the pump/repitched prop handle this or will I need a pump upgrade?Upgrade. Serious upgrade, f you want holeshot. But otherwise you can always run them down after a few hundred meters.

So if you buy the Motec and you want to sell the ski in say 2 seasons which is what I do you can take it off plug in the standard ECU sellthe ski, buy another plug in the Motec and away you go, so will the Motec be good for awhile with future models of skis?Yes

Can this ECU M400 be used on other brands of skis down the track?Yes

What I am really thinking is get my 2010 plug a Motec in, do some minor mods like air filter/manifold intake upgrade/exhaust/filter/intake grate maybe supercharger impeller/intercooler kit, run around my waterways like a mad man for a year or 2, take out the Motec sell the ski, buy a new one do the minor mods, plug in Motec and way we go again.Good plan

Sounds right?My oath

If so, then these Motecs sound really good and worth the dollars for future skis that I may buy.
    I thought about the R2 reflash but because i sell my skis after 2 seasons at most I think/hope Motec will be the go for long term investment.

And to whip my seadoo/Kawi mates asses

Cheers for any replies guys, and anyone with a M400 and these sort of mods and what pitch you running and performance gains achieved without major mods. lol.

My wife/mates think I spend way too much time on these forums(Join the club) but you know, I love this sport and now its time to show them what the research is all about when I blast past them , lol !!!

Matt.
    Welcome Matt,
    Good research questions. Like it when someone does their homework.

Hi Matt,
    Re:
    "What I am really thinking is get my 2010 plug a Motec in, do some minor mods like air filter/manifold intake upgrade/exhaust/filter/intake grate maybe supercharger impeller/intercooler kit, run around my waterways like a mad man for a year or 2, take out the Motec sell the ski, buy a new one do the minor mods, plug in Motec and way we go again."

Do the above without the supercharger wheel / intercooler kit and the ski will fly compared to standard....
    great acceleration and a top speed of 74.6mph.... on the std prop... you can repitch if you want
    You will enjoy riding a fast reliable ski... this is exactly what I did...

Then once you have this fit out it is easy to get the best out of future mods with the MoTeC...

Eventually I added an ET Extreme SC wheel, larger fuel injectors and 13/25 skat trak.... also easy bits to transfer to my next FZ....
    If you later go the SC wheel you will love it more.... but you will need to improve cooling.... and then an aftermarket intercooler (thats what I am waiting for now - just doing the home work) ...

I viewed the MoTeC as an investment in fun and is the only mod that I will get to use for many years... as a bonus it has good resale value if you go to sell... but who would want to?

Have fun
    Ed

Thanks Gunna for reasuring me
    I will talk about Motec with Gary Watson and the plans for the ski.

Sounds like the Motec is a sound investment .

Quote Originally Posted by Eds_FZR View Post
    Hi Matt,
    Re:
    "What I am really thinking is get my 2010 plug a Motec in, do some minor mods like air filter/manifold intake upgrade/exhaust/filter/intake grate maybe supercharger impeller/intercooler kit, run around my waterways like a mad man for a year or 2, take out the Motec sell the ski, buy a new one do the minor mods, plug in Motec and way we go again."

Do the above without the supercharger wheel / intercooler kit and the ski will fly compared to standard....
    great acceleration and a top speed of 74.6mph.... on the std prop... you can repitch if you want
    You will enjoy riding a fast reliable ski... this is exactly what I did...

Then once you have this fit out it is easy to get the best out of future mods with the MoTeC...

Eventually I added an ET Extreme SC wheel, larger fuel injectors and 13/25 skat trak.... also easy bits to transfer to my next FZ....
    If you later go the SC wheel you will love it more.... but you will need to improve cooling.... and then an aftermarket intercooler (thats what I am waiting for now - just doing the home work) ...

I viewed the MoTeC as an investment in fun and is the only mod that I will get to use for many years... as a bonus it has good resale value if you go to sell... but who would want to?

Have fun
    Ed
    Excellent mate, feed back I was hoping for.

Get Fzs next month, run it in hard .

Motec/filter/manifold/exhaust/grate and Gary Watson repitched impeller and see you all later well maybe stock guys.

I like the idea of using the motec on future skis.

Cheers everyone, I will keep you informed of what happens next.

Matt.

+1
    Excellent mate, feed back I was hoping for.

Get Fzs next month, run it in hard .

Motec/filter/manifold/exhaust/grate and Gary Watson repitched impeller and see you all later well maybe stock guys.

I like the idea of using it on future skis.

Cheers everyone, I will keep you informed of what happens next.

Matt.
    Matt,

when you do run in:
    1. first, start up and idle for warm up. Switch off till bone cold (overnight).
    2. Go for a very light run around, say 5 mintues. Switch off till bone cold (overnight).
    3. Go for a longer run at higher speed. Switch off till bone cold (overnight).
    4. Continue this process till you can't stand it any longer.. I lasted 5 days.
    This advice was given to me from a good source

Keep us posted on how things go. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Matt,

when you do run in:
    1. first, start up and idle for warm up. Switch off till bone cold (overnight).
    2. Go for a very light run around, say 5 mintues. Switch off till bone cold (overnight).
    3. Go for a longer run at higher speed. Switch off till bone cold (overnight).
    4. Continue this process till you can't stand it any longer.. I lasted 5 days.
    This advice was given to me from a good source
    Funny man

+1
    I don't love my MoTeC. We just have sex often.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information