Not kicking over

Just bought an ultra 150 I think Its 2003 (green), took it out today and rolled it over but rolled back anti clockwise, started and away it went.

After a while stopped to have lunch once finished come to start it up and no go ended trying to crank until the battery died, so got a tow back. Now its home washed it and cleaned it but still not kicking over, anyone have ideas.
    Last edited by mrgc; 03-25-2010 at 03:45 PM.

It is possible you could have ingested water. I have read when this happens you want to take the plugs off one at a time and crank it to flush the water out of the cylinders. I would do that as soon as possible and try to get it start as fast as you can and try to evaporate any water they may be in there. Also change your plugs as well.

Will do that tonight, I hope its not too late.

Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgc View Post
    Just bought an ultra 150 I think Its 2003 (green), took it out today and rolled it over but rolled back anti clockwise, started and away it went.

After a while dtopped to have lunch once finished come to start it up and no go ended trying to crank until the battery died, so got a tow back. Now its home washed it and cleaned it but still not kicking over, anyone have ideas.
    How long is after awhile? If the engine injested water ran after that I woul also check compression. My ultra took in water last year while racing and ran the rest of the season. Now I have two scored pistons and two cylinders that need to be replated.

Check spark at the plugs. You might of had water that got into one of cdi box that could cause a problem.

Will do!

Got home removed spark plugs, cleaned with metho as well and after a few minutes of crankinging, it slow kicked over and then with litlle help of the throttle it started almost normal, straight away flushed it.

New problems, the display is now lighting up every symbol turned the engine off and on still the same and the warning light is flashing, does this mean the battery is dead or close to it.

The other is an easy one since I am going to replace the spark plugs which is the ones you guys can recommend, the current is NGKBR9ES (2004).

+1
    If it cranked after turning it upside down, you didn't get much (if any) water in it. When flipping the 'Ski, remember that the exhaust has water in it and you want to keep that below the cylinders.

If you have to get water out of the cylinders, remove ALL of the plugs at the same time and GROUND THEM to the grounding lug on the engine provided for this purpose. Failure to do this can result in damage to the ignition system. You need to get the water out soon, a day could long enough to cause damage!

The flashing display is probably from the weak battery. You should also remove the display and re-seal the back where the wires go in with 3M 5200. The seal will leak when it gets old and water will get into the display if you invert the 'Ski.

Thanx for that I was wondering what that lug was that has 3 metal prongs sticking out, I thought there was some connectors missing, worth while doing it now or leave it for next time since Its working now.

Will seal up the display as suggested with the 3M 5200 and look for a new battery.

Thanx Guys for your help.

Thread Information