Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RXP or RXT? Some insight please. I know it's been asked before...LOL

Hello all,

New to the forum. And I've been searching for days for the answer but still can't make up my mind.

I will be doing 100% of my riding in Georgian Bay, just north of Honey Harbour (if you know where that is).

Conditions would be a slight chop (maybe 5" high most of the time), but can be a foot high, and sometime reach 3'-4' high (but who cares...chop that big is just TOO much fun to consider)...

Anyway, I've read the RXT is better in the chop and the RXP is better for manouverability, but not as 'stable' going through the chop...is it unsafe, or it just hits the waves too hard?

I mean the RXP is only 10" shorter than an RXT...so how much different is it really? Is it worth it for me to get an RXT for the chop I have or do you think I'd have more fun with the RXP and the chop may at times be uncomfortable but will be tolerable?

Any insight is welcome, thanks,

Rob

I should mention I have riden a 2009 GTX 150 quite a bit, so I know how that hull handles, just has less power.

Bigger hulls not only cut chop better, but they can keep you a little more dry. If the water is REALLY cold, and this is for rec riding. I'd stay dry and warm and stay seated on the big one. eh?

If it's mostly smooth water, I would go for the RXP. It's faster and turns tighter on smooth water. The RXT is better offshore or if you need passengers or more storage.

Banned User
    Honey Harbour isnt what Id call mostly smooth!! lol, the water gets big there, Id grab the RXTX, then your are not limited, whenther you are cruising the trent or the inlets or heading up to Parry Sound through the bigger water, you are good to go. We do a trip up the trent from Lake Simcoe every year, its a great area you are in!

Quote Originally Posted by henn View Post
    Honey Harbour isnt what Id call mostly smooth!! lol, the water gets big there, Id grab the RXTX, then your are not limited, whenther you are cruising the trent or the inlets or heading up to Parry Sound through the bigger water, you are good to go. We do a trip up the trent from Lake Simcoe every year, its a great area you are in!

Yeah it's pretty nice up here.

I also forgot to mention that I will be mostly riding without a passenger...passengers require such delicate driving...hehe

The handling is the most important to me...I don't nessecarily need the 'best' chop handling ride...I just don't want to be in a scenario with the RXP where I wished I got the RXT.

Say the chop is 1' high, will I be wishing I got an RXT? And I'm not saying...oh well you'll be able to go 67mph on the RXT through chop and you'll only be able to handle 50mph with the RXP...

I just want to know, will the RXP still be enjoyable with the 1' chop.

And up here in Canada we don't have the nice surf so to get waves we usually jump boat waves (safe distance of course)...but they are never very high...max 4' ...so I think the RXP comes out of the water a little easier, but it's all hearsay

Rob

IMO, you should ride an RXP and RXT on the same day and conditions and then decide.

I have both an 07 T and 07 P when it gets a chop the RXT keeps you dry and it is more stable. Ill use this reference the rxt will stay in the water more than the RXP will. Its like if you want to be on edge going fast like a tuned civic or something like that, or any rxt thats smooth like a supercar and fast. But the rxp is deffently better in turns and the trim is an added bonus when its chopping or what not.

Quote Originally Posted by lakegastonrxp View Post
    I have both an 07 T and 07 P when it gets a chop the RXT keeps you dry and it is more stable. Ill use this reference the rxt will stay in the water more than the RXP will. Its like if you want to be on edge going fast like a tuned civic or something like that, or any rxt thats smooth like a supercar and fast. But the rxp is deffently better in turns and the trim is an added bonus when its chopping or what not.
    Interesting analogy...I didn't think of that. You can throw those little Civics around quite well too...hehe

hehe...here's this stable word again. I believe the RXT weighs 30lbs more? I dunno...but it's not much.

Is the hull completely different or does that extra 10" make that much difference...sorry if it's a dumb question, but I just want to make sure I spend the money on the right thing.

Maybe someone can tell me what it's like riding an RXP vs the RXT in the chop say 6"-1'? Not stable? What does that mean...while turning it kind of catches the waves? Going through the chop makes it feel like your riding a log?

Both hulls are shallow V so, I'm assuming they cut through the wave almost the same, but I guess the 10" adds that extra smoothness...

And yeah I'd love to try out an RXP and RXT in the same day, but have no idea how to do that...I don't know anyone who has one!

Rob

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lakegastonrxp View Post
    Did you just compare an RXP to a tuned civic?

I'm going to go loosen your steering column so on the first pull with your new power you go flyin.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information