Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

In-Tank tubing for '94 SL750

So I've been working on my '94SL750 due to no spark. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118722

I had to remove the fuel tank to get at the stator and found a nasty mess. The pickup and reserve tubing were either silicon or latex and they both melted into a pile of goo at the bottom of the tank.

I need to replace all fuel lines on this ski, including the in-tank tubing. On my other ski I've used 1/4" fuel injection rated rubber tubing and that's done just fine. But that stuff can get pretty pricey.

Since I need to run all new lines on the SL, my SLT750, and maybe redo the SLT780 again I was thinking about just getting some in bulk from http://fuellines.biz/. Have any of you guys used their stuff? I was thinking about just using this tubing for the in-tank lines as well. Should that work alright? They also have a 1/8" line and 3/8" that should work for the oil lines.

What do you guys think of their stuff?

KJ

+1
    i asked the same question.. i used it, havent run anything threw it yet though.. i was told by these guys its good and the only thing that happens with it is if you get a bright color like yellow it will fade.. thats the worst i have herd about there lines.. im going to be buying more as well

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonmtz View Post
    ...I was thinking about just getting some in bulk from http://fuellines.biz/.

Have any of you guys used their stuff?

I was thinking about just using this tubing for the in-tank lines as well. Should that work alright?

They also have a 1/8" line and 3/8" that should work for the oil lines...
    Their product seems to work just fine. There is even higher quality fuel line available, but the fuellines.biz product seems reasonable.

It should also work for the in-tank sections, just be sure you get the lengths correct, and that the intakes are properly in position inside the tank bottom.

The 1/8 inch line should work for oil line. The actual Polaris spec is 3mm inside, 7mm outside diameter.

If you re-use the Polaris spring hose clamps, make sure they are actually snug on the replacement line, and not slightly less tight.

For the pulse line from crank case to fuel pump, some guys use the same fuel line. Others don't like runnign vacuum pulses through a non-reinforced hose, so they prefer reinforced fuel hose for the pulse line.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonmtz View Post
    So I've been working on my '94SL750 due to no spark. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118722

I had to remove the fuel tank to get at the stator and found a nasty mess. The pickup and reserve tubing were either silicon or latex and they both melted into a pile of goo at the bottom of the tank.

I need to replace all fuel lines on this ski, including the in-tank tubing. On my other ski I've used 1/4" fuel injection rated rubber tubing and that's done just fine. But that stuff can get pretty pricey.

Since I need to run all new lines on the SL, my SLT750, and maybe redo the SLT780 again I was thinking about just getting some in bulk from http://fuellines.biz/. Have any of you guys used their stuff? I was thinking about just using this tubing for the in-tank lines as well. Should that work alright? They also have a 1/8" line and 3/8" that should work for the oil lines.

What do you guys think of their stuff?

KJ
    I sent you a spare fuel pickup with the blue aluminum cap just in case, It has the factory tank lines in place so you can use them as a reference or use it as is. It is off my 94 slt

+1
    Cool deal.

yeah, since the hoses were disintegrated I was wondering about the hose lengths.

Thanks for the OEM pickup Thester. That will give me a good guide to work from.

KJ

+1
    If you buy in bulk. i'll take 25 feet of it. whatever color.. clear blue would be cool.

I need it for the SLX, it has tempo lines on it right now.

+1
    I should have that much left. The lengths jump from 50' to 100' to 500'. I need to do 3 skis, so that should take a little under 75' to get done. So I would probably have about 25' left over.

KJ

Tank Trash

I couldnt beleive what I found in tank also, I used the fuelbiz lines & thought they worked pretty well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fiters 007.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	179818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuel sys. 003.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	179819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuel sys..jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	179820  

+1
    Thanks John. Wherever ya get it pm me ..Wow thats a lot of crud from the tank. Mine were swollen, soft,brown nasty looking and had fallen off with the screen attached on 1 and the other was in the tank.

+1
    Hmmm, those brown hoses look exactly like the ones that were in my tank. Maybe those were the original ones?

Mine didn't have the big plastic piece in there. I only found 2 stainless steel frit pickup tubes. I wonder if I'm missing some pieces?

KJ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information