Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I pew pew lazors

Seadoo vs. Yamaha

Hey guys. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to PWC. I've actually never even been on one and just recently purchased a used 2005 RXP. BTW, yes I've done my homework and understand the SC issue lol. I'm planning on replacing the ceramic washers with metals as soon as I can. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to do it before this season starts up and my wife is really eager to get out on the water. I'll almost certainly send the SC into Jerry for his professional assessment though.

Anyhow, from everything I've read only people are biased on which PWC is better. Seadoo fanboys cheer for Seadoo and Yamaha for Yamaha, as we would expect. I'm wondering though, have any of you around here owned both Seadoo and Yamaha, and if so, could you note the pros and cons?

Thanks,
    Mike

+1
    Have both and they are both good machines ride what you like and don't really worry about what goes on. Listen to the ones that know because each one has things that should be fixed both for reliability and for safety. If you could ride them both then make your mind up. JMO

+1
    I am a Seadoo guy, but they are all good machines no matter who makes them, just a matter of personal preference. Just remember it is a machine and it will need to be maintained, even more so than an auto. Like John said, dont worry about all the chest thumping that goes on around here, it is mostly in jest. Just ride and have fun.

I pew pew lazors
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I am a Seadoo guy, but they are all good machines no matter who makes them, just a matter of personal preference. Just remember it is a machine and it will need to be maintained, even more so than an auto. Like John said, dont worry about all the chest thumping that goes on around here, it is mostly in jest. Just ride and have fun.
    Good info. I know they need to be maintained but I didn't know that they'll need more care than your typical auto. Thanks for pointing this out. It sounds like I need to baby it a bit after each ride.

+1
    I might have used a bad choice of words. Just keep an eye on things. Like water leaks, funny sounds, vibrations, etc. And if you have any questions about something, ask here. Plenty of people here who know their stuff.
    I always tell my wife a bad day on the water is still a good day.

+1
    You don't need to baby them just some things to make them last longer. You need to be aware of things that might be a problem. If your car develops a leek you pull over and check it out. If your ski develops a leak in the middle of the lake you could be in trouble.

I pew pew lazors
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    You don't need to baby them just some things to make them last longer. You need to be aware of things that might be a problem. If your car develops a leek you pull over and check it out. If your ski develops a leak in the middle of the lake you could be in trouble.
    LOL no joke. I don't even want to think about that. So what do people usually do when you start taking on water in the middle of the lake? Haul ass back to shore? Start bailing water? lol Stuff your shirt in whatever is leaking?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by peebee View Post
    LOL no joke. I don't even want to think about that. So what do people usually do when you start taking on water in the middle of the lake? Haul ass back to shore? Start bailing water? lol Stuff your shirt in whatever is leaking?
    A lot of people put in aftermarket bilge pumps, then if you start to take on water, run that and haul ass to the shore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    A lot of people put in aftermarket bilge pumps, then if you start to take on water, run that and haul ass to the shore.
    +1 install a bilge pump. You may never use it but it is cheap insurance and may save your ass.
    Have a checklist of things before you hit the water.
    1. are the drain plugs in
    2. is your battery charged etc etc

Also, 05 RXP are known to have exhaust valve issues so you might want to read up on that. The best advice is to start reading on GH to get a high level of knowledge before you hit the water and you are less likely to encounter problems. Enjoy the new ski

+1

sea doo or not

Great to see you on the site. If you take care of your ski it can last a long time. I have had around 9 skis over the years. I love sea doo all i have now. All are serviced often fresh oil twice a seasion. just geting sc rebilt after 157 hrs still has stock washers. still runs great but past rebild time. the ski spends most of the time at wot

have fun be safe learn rules of the water.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information