Thread: Buying advice!!

Buying advice!!

Found a brand new 2008 Challenger 180 SE 215hp and I'm very inerested in buying. Comes with warranty plus I'll add extended warranty. My concern is if this year model has the ceramic washers on the supercharger and if they were to go out and damage engine, would the warranty cover it. Also, if it does have ceramic washers I heard there is a kit to fix this problem. Appreciate any thoughts.

Tampa SeaDoo Crew TampaSpeedster's Avatar
    Some have said the '08's come with upgraded washers. Either way, they are less likely to fail in the boat. I ran the hell out of my boat for 60 hours with no problems with the washers at all. I have since replaced them with the Riva Metal Washers... that's your best bet after 50 or 60 hours, just to make sure. Buy it and have fun!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSpeedster View Post
    Some have said the '08's come with upgraded washers. Either way, they are less likely to fail in the boat. I ran the hell out of my boat for 60 hours with no problems with the washers at all. I have since replaced them with the Riva Metal Washers... that's your best bet after 50 or 60 hours, just to make sure. Buy it and have fun!
    Agreed. The washers on the skis take way more abuse because they are constantly on/off...increase/decrease with the thumb throttle. on the boat when you are cruising around you set the throttle and leave it alone for a while.

I ran my 07 to 30hrs before I got scared and upgraded to the stronger metal washers this was mainly because I was out of warranty.

If you have a full BRP warranty they will take care of everything. However your boat may be down for several weeks if not months while being repaired... and the boat still may never run right if the repair job wasn't done well.... and do you really want to be down for 6 weeks in the middle of the summer?

If you can remove the supercharger yourself and mail it off... its only like $150 installed/shipped to have the metal clutch washers put on your supercharger.

Its up to you if you want to roll the dice.

Thread Information