Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thrown off at 90KM

First time posting, hope Ive put this in the right area.
    I have purchased two identical Yamaha fxsho 2010 models. Very happy with the ski, but both myself and my son have come to the same fate last weekend. I opened it up for the first time after running in, and was bucked off and landed up unconcious and with dislocated shoulder, bruising. I am very unsettled getting back on the beasts as I cannot work out what went wrong. I must add that this is the first jet ski I have owned, so there is a lack of experience which could be a contributing factor. The water was flat, no weed, no wakes, very little ripple. I was going fine and it just dug in and through me off as far as I can remember.

+1
    welcome to gh

sorry you got hurt and i hope you get well soon..

assume you have checked everything is secure under ski grate.plate

did you chop throttle from full speed when it happened did ski shoot off in diffrent direction ?...we all fit aftermarket intake grates for this reason..its called overstuff..search a little "overstuff" get two grates on order from green hulk store...use green hulk for coupon discount..

2 x http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=743

2 x http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1157 while your there

+1
    That is the lowest speed I heard this happening. But it sounds like your pump overstuffed. A new intake grate will sovle your problem. Also, you should report it to Yamaha.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando1 View Post
    First time posting, hope Ive put this in the right area.
    I have purchased two identical Yamaha fxsho 2010 models. Very happy with the ski, but both myself and my son have come to the same fate last weekend. I opened it up for the first time after running in, and was bucked off and landed up unconscious and with dislocated shoulder, bruising. I am very unsettled getting back on the beasts as I cannot work out what went wrong. I must add that this is the first jet ski I have owned, so there is a lack of experience which could be a contributing factor.

The water was flat, no weed, no wakes, very little ripple. I was going fine and it just dug in and through me off as far as I can remember.
    Sorry to hear what happened.....but I have to point out........your using pretty specific PWC terminology of bucks, digs, and water conditions. You don't sound like a first-time PWC owner ....or a newbie who doesn't know what he's talking about. What gives?

And I've never heard of a SHO bucking at 55mph.........this post is sounding very fishy.....

Thanks for fast reply.

I cannot remember much as it has scrambled my head up a bit, but I could have dropped back the throttle. The ski was around 50m away from me when I woke up, and it was in the opposite direction to the way I went. No damage to the ski though.
    Do I need to change the ride plate as well? or will the grate do the job. This seems to be a common problem. Is there any way of making Yamaha aware of it as it would be a real shame for someone to come to serious grief if it could be prevented.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    Sorry to hear what happened.....but I have to point out........your using pretty specific PWC terminology of bucks, digs, and water conditions. You don't sound like a first-time PWC owner ....or a newbie who doesn't know what he's talking about. What gives?
    might of only owned this ski but ridden friends/rentals for years and years

but yer in wanna known now "what gives"

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    might of only owned this ski but ridden friends/rentals for years and years

but yer in wanna known now "what gives"
    A 55 mph buck??

Only thing I've experienced that would cause that would be a pulled-through insert/non-tightened plate/grate......check to make sure your grate and plate are flush and tightened all the way. And yes, you should upgrade to an aftermarket grate.
    Last edited by Rip'nTear SHO; 03-26-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Not interested in someone that wants to be difficult. Just needing advice as to what the problem could be. Sorry if my terminology is too accurate for you. Might be worth you getting an education yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    That is the lowest speed I heard this happening. But it sounds like your pump overstuffed. A new intake grate will sovle your problem. Also, you should report it to Yamaha.

Thanks very much for your help. I will cantact them tomorrow and order two new gates as recomended by others as well from R and D.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information