Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 02 virage TXI

OK.. so I was looking on craigslist and found an ad for this ski:
    http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/1638639947.html so I called and the guy tells me it was abandoned at the dealership he works at back in 03, it came in for motor repairs and the owner couldn't afford the repairs so they left it.

Long story short.. the guy I bought it from wanted the trailer it was on and they told him to take the ski as well.

In our phone conversation, I asked him what was left in the hull, he told me just about everything was gone, except the fuel tank and some misc. parts, but I figured it was still worth the money and I need a newer 3 seater for my wife, so needless to say I sent him the money via paypal that night.

Last night I went to get it, it was dark by the time we got there so I just loaded it and went.This morning I went out to check it out and much to my surprise all of the electrical system, and almost all of the fuel system are present, the motor,jet pump and fuel intectors are the only thing missing.

Initially I was thinking about setting it up as a tx and getting a tx elec system and motor, but now I think it would be easier and cheaper to keep it a txi and stay with the fuel inj. any input or opinions on this would be appreciated

Anyways, the ski was a mess on the outside, it had sat for a couple years uncovered and it shows.The footwells had a rust colored slime in them that went up the side of the hull, and the seat was moldy. There is some minor damage on the bottom, nothing to really worry about.

Here are some before and after pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2542.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	679.9 KB 
ID:	179894   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0309001657.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	608.8 KB 
ID:	179895   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2548.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	179896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2549.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	999.6 KB 
ID:	179897   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2550.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	179898   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2551.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	179899  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2555.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	179906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2556.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	179907   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2557.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	179908  

More pics, last couple are of the lake today, man I wish I had a ski in the water it doesn't get any flatter than this. COME ON SUMMER
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2560.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	179910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2561.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	179911   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2562.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	1,013.8 KB 
ID:	179912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2564.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	179913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2565.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	179914   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2552.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	880.5 KB 
ID:	179915  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2553.JPG 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	179916   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2554.JPG 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	179917   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2546.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	179918   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2547.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	179919  

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

parts

wheres the manifold,pipe,waterbox,intake,throttlebodies, stator,water cooling cover for the stator,.you'd need a carbed fuel tank to go to carbs.like i said i got a lot of stuff to go carbed.what about the oil injection stuff,got that as well

+1
    Great find. I'm not sure how easy it will be to find a complete FICHT 1200 with injectors, but it's worth a shot.

I would think it's easier to make it s 1200 carb'd and call it good.

No matter how you power it, you got a very nice hull for a great price.

KJ

I think I already found the throttle bodies and the injectors, I was under the impression that the lower end and cylinders were the same for DI and carbed, I'm willing to keep my options open I just figured it would be easier to track down the ficht specefic parts that I need as opposed to finding what I would need for a carbed version( basically a complete parts ski)

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Looks like you can go either way with it - stay Ficht fuel injected, or convert to carbs.

I see the EMM computer module is present , although you won't know if it is any good until it gets hooked up to working fuel injected motor.

Too bad the matching fuel injectors are missing - perhaps you could ask the dealer if they still have them - or the entire old engine

The issue is that your EMM contains a flow mapping to the injectors. Normally used Ficht injectors don't come with a map disc.

Option 1
    If you can find/buy a used EMM that comes with matching used injectors, that can be workable for you. The matching used EMM+injectors doesn't need to actually work -the EMM just needs to be able to power up internally. Then the injector data can be transferred from the other used EMM to your (presumably good) EMM.

There are a number of GH members who can do this EMM transfer for you

Option 2
    If you can find three Polaris Service Replacement injectors, they come with a special disc that updates the EMM with the injector data. I don't see these Service injectors for sale very often, other than new, at new injector prices.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Looks like you can go either way with it - stay Ficht fuel injected, or convert to carbs.

I see the EMM computer module is present , although you won't know if it is any good until it gets hooked up to working fuel injected motor.

Too bad the matching fuel injectors are missing - perhaps you could ask the dealer if they still have them - or the entire old engine

The issue is that your EMM contains a flow mapping to the injectors. Normally used Ficht injectors don't come with a map disc.

Option 1
    If you can find/buy a used EMM that comes with matching used injectors, that can be workable for you. The matching used EMM+injectors doesn't need to actually work -the EMM just needs to be able to power up internally. Then the injector data can be transferred from the other used EMM to your (presumably good) EMM.

There are a number of GH members who can do this EMM transfer for you

Option 2
    If you can find three Polaris Service Replacement injectors, they come with a special disc that updates the EMM with the injector data. I don't see these Service injectors for sale very often, other than new, at new injector prices.
    I already asked about the rest of the parts, but he said their long gone
    Like I said I'm flexible on either setup, it's just a matter of which one is cheaper,and or easier to find.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

pipes

option 3 triple pipes,and tricolored hydroturf seat cover........sshhiittt negro thats all you had to say!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    option 3 triple pipes,and tricolored hydroturf seat cover........sshhiittt negro thats all you had to say!!!
    I would love to, but I already have a pro 785 to maintain this season, I kinda want this ski to be reliable with relatively low maintenance.(if there is such a thing)

+1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information