Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New place

New place

Just found my way over here!!

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the party! You'll see a lot of familiar faces here.

Thanks, I got a sl780 and I have a 92 650 pipe and pro785 ign to put on. do I need to mess with timming or can I just hook it up? Also whats the yellow wire on the pro box do?(looks like a loop seems and most time I see its cut)

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    You don't need to mess with the timing. I didn't have to on my 96 SLX780. There are some wires that you don't use that control the exhaust valves on the Pro785. You have to trim a little on the inside of your electric box to fit the Pro cdi. It is a little larger than the stock 780 cdi. All the wire colors should match up but one of the wires terminals will have to be changed from a male to female or female to male. It has been many years since I did this so I can't remember it exactly. It's pretty self explanitory when doing it. Keep in mind you will have to prop down and possibly bore your nozzle 2mm to 3mm. I have a 12/17 stock Pro785 impeller with a Skat nozzle running an 87mm ring (opening). Stock nozzle is 84mm. Make sure rejet and tune your stock carbs. Also make sure to run 91 octane minimum.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Oh ph2ocraft, Oh sealion, we got another one here. They got your info my man. I think there is going to be a shortage of these dry pipes any day now.

There used to be a guy on pwct that did the set up on his 750 and 780. He never did post much about it but I recall asking him once and he said it ended working well. I wish I remembered who it was. Maybe he can make his way here to post comments. I really wanted to hear his full results since I helped him quite a bit with the project. All I remember was that he kept trying to use the stock 780 15/20 impeller and I kept telling him it's too much impeller and doesn't work with the powerband of the new set up. I think he finally propped down and it came to life?

sealion I think I might be the guy you are talking about. unfortanetly I can't be much help . I tried this project except I was running triple pipes w/ pro 785 cdi , 44 carbs, and I never did change the impeller. I should of though, the stock impeller wasn't working good. anyways I blew my engine ( threw a rod ) and that was the end of it. I've been parting out my ski now most of the summer.

Yes now I remember. You were bmpolaris on the other site. An overloaded, read over propped, ski can and will do that. Man you should have tried a 12/17 .

You guys are great, And yea Im hooked ( speed freak) never left anything stock, more throttle baby!!!! LOL Ok what size jets do I need?

+1
    Yo Polaris_Nut#1 there is a Cane in VT on e-bay near Burlington You are a polaris Whore!!! and I like it..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...QQcmdZViewItem

vbmenu_register("postmenu_134214", true);

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information