Question Pre-season... What should I do... '09 GTX 155

Hi all,

I have a '09 GTX 155, non-supercharged. I followed all the great posts on here to winterise my machine. Only thing I did not do for that was an oil change.

What should I be doing for the pre-season. My dealer told me it's like $325 for pre-season. I have no idea what they do. Probably just an oil change. lol

Should an Oil Change be it? Anything else? Any o-rings or seals etc...?

Also is there any place one can buy those crazy looking "E Torx" sockets?

BTW. This is my first Sea-doo got it May last year, and put around 40hours on it! It was at the dealer for the 10hr. And hasn't been back.

I have a 3 year BEST warranty, so I don't want to mess something up to void that. But they can't void a warranty for doing my own oil changes!

Ben

Oil and Filter change...
    shame on you for not doing it before winter...
    all the moisture, cumbustion waste, etc has been sitting
    on your bearings, crank, etc now for months.

Drain and fill your coolant. Plug in ride plate. Fill with
    50% mix of antifreeze & distilled water or get Premixxed stuff.

Lube and clean everything. Steering, reverse, Throttle body.
    Use the good Seadoo spray lube.

A good auto parts strore would have the E torx socket kit.

+1
    i have a 04 gtx the only thing i do to is change the oil and plugs lube anything that moves check the wear ring if it need one i put it in compared to my 06 scic limited it is way cheaper to mainten get your self a full shop manual learn to do it yourself better then going to the stealer the only thing i use them for is to reset buds every 50 hrs. mine charges 30 bucks and by the way i have never changed the coolant just check its color and use a refracto meter to check its freeze point if it is good i leave it alone how often do you have it changed in your car? remember some the "required" are just to make the dealer money all of it except for buds can be diy

Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    i have a 04 gtx the only thing i do to is change the oil and plugs lube anything that moves check the wear ring if it need one i put it in compared to my 06 scic limited it is way cheaper to mainten get your self a full shop manual learn to do it yourself better then going to the stealer the only thing i use them for is to reset buds every 50 hrs. mine charges 30 bucks and by the way i have never changed the coolant just check its color and use a refracto meter to check its freeze point if it is good i leave it alone how often do you have it changed in your car? remember some the "required" are just to make the dealer money all of it except for buds can be diy

Yeah, coolant in a car - up until this crazy long lasting stuff should be changed every 2 years. So I don't see why this is any different.

Oil change I did not do as some said to do it, some said not to. Dealer said the oil change is in the spring.

My car when I put it in storage I do an oil change before & after winter.

I'm planning to order the Shop Manual, I have one for my Ski-doo it's a great help.

Ben

Question

After reading the shop manual on wear ring inspection...

The question I have unless I've missed something... To inspect the wear ring, I need to remove:
    Nozzle, Venturi, Jet pump housing.

I'm assuming based on reading the shop manual... I also need the Pump Grease (293 550 010)

I guess it would be a good idea to have a wear ring when I tear it down as well..

Anything else I should be ordering from the dealer when I do this? Do I need any of the O-Rings in the diagram (Pump diagram from the parts/shop manual I'm speaking of)

This machine is ONLY run in fresh water and has around 40hours on it. 16hours @ 10 hour inspection.

Keep in mind I do my own maintenance on my ski-doo and I'm very handy with tools. But this is my first Sea-doo/jet drive boat.

Ben

Thread Information