Aquatrax 12x spark plugs

Anyone know where a person can order the iridium spark plugs for an 04' Aquatrax R-12x? Also, everyone says that they are easy to foul, is there a replacement plug that is better? It's not that I am having problems with the ski, I was just going to replace the plugs and no one carries them. I have tried 3 name brand auto parts stores, 4 boat dealerships, and do not have a Honda dealership within 100 miles of me. Why are they so hard to find?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND View Post
    Anyone know where a person can order the iridium spark plugs for an 04' Aquatrax R-12x? Also, everyone says that they are easy to foul, is there a replacement plug that is better? It's not that I am having problems with the ski, I was just going to replace the plugs and no one carries them. I have tried 3 name brand auto parts stores, 4 boat dealerships, and do not have a Honda dealership within 100 miles of me. Why are they so hard to find?
    Go to Advance Auto if you have one close buy. Give them the # off your plug and they will cross ref for you. I paid $35 for 4. They are the same plug just not in the Honda box. If you get them from a dealer you will pay $16 or more per plug.

Thanks... actually that was the first place that I tried, then O'riely, then napa. O'riely had 2 but not able to order anymore. they were $9 a piece. The others couldnt order it again. Do you still have the cross ref #. they did that for me and the plug was no longer available.

honda plugs

I have not had my honda in a couple years so I forgot the number but it was a NGK and I vever had trouble getting them from O'Rileys in Seabrook for about $8 x 4. Sometimes they had to order them but only took a day.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND View Post
    Thanks... actually that was the first place that I tried, then O'riely, then napa. O'riely had 2 but not able to order anymore. they were $9 a piece. The others couldnt order it again. Do you still have the cross ref #. they did that for me and the plug was no longer available.
    IMR9D-9H This is the # on the plug from my ski. It's the same # on the plug that advance sold me .

for any canadians looking for this plug...i called the local honda dealer and they sell them for $41/plug which is ridiculous. i found them on ebay for approx $58 including shipping for 4...much better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...OC%3AUS%3A1123

Thread Information