Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1

2010 Racing in Texas

Hey gang...anyone going to be participating in any 2010 races? I want to try it out and see if I like it but I don't know really where to start.

http://www.teamsportracing.com/news.php

What are the classes, rules etc?

2010 Races

Hey guys:

The Teamsport racing page has just been updated a few weeks ago, they were trying to get a schedule lined out... They are the APBA racing circuit which is "SuperCourse" A very cool form of endurance racing and now closed course ( just like the good ole days ). They run mainly the College Station, North West Houston, Dallas areas. They have Runabout classes from 800cc stock or limited or open ( older seadoos and polaris gp800 yamaha ) to Runabout N/A (non aspirated ) stock or limited. To modern 4 stroke stock limited and open, Even a GP class which is very wild to watch... You can buy a day APBA membership for $25 or a year for around $60... Class entry fees I wanna say are around $35 dollars. Safety equipment required is a helmet, life jacket. Shoes and gloves preferably. I raced once with Tim's series last year during July with the sst tunnel hull boats and tri hulls. It was a very laid back and a unique challenge, I have never rode 35 minuetes straight wide open before.... It will be nice to see added closed course to his show....

Team Sport Racing
    May 1-2 - Lake Bryan - Rounds 1 and 2, Closed Course and Endurance/SuperCourse - Event with Brazos Valley Senior Games

June 5-6 - Lake Somerville - Rounds 3 and 4, Closed Course and Endurance/SuperCourse

July 10-11 - Lake Bryan - Rounds 5 and 6, Closed Course and Endurance/SuperCourse **tentative event with the Southern Profession Outboard Racing Tour with OPC SST 45, OPC SST-120, and OPC TriHull classes**

August 7-8 - Lake Somerville - Rounds 7 and 8, Closed Course and Endurance/SuperCourse

September 11-12 - Lake Dallas - 2010 US Endurance Nationals - Event with City of Lake Dallas WaterFest at Willow Grove Park
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, there is a IJSBA circuit for closed course and endurance in TX called R5waterXracing.. Mainly the same rules apply for classes and safety. One plus about R5 is your first race is free! They have 2 races in the Houston area, 1st in Baytown, 2nd in Madisonville. I have raced with R5 now 2 seasons and have won mutiple regional titles and gone to the National championships and placed in the top ten twice. Brian and Jennifer know how to put on a good show and give the racers the best chance to have fun, get a good race on their ski and usually have a good mix of riders and classes to make it interesting to be out there. Not to mention alot of national riders are coming to TX to race with us. An IJSBA Membership I think has been set at $10 dollars for the year and usually they charge $25 to $40 a class to race depending if your a novice expert or pro..... I tell you what just check out WWW.R5WATERXRACING.COM.... If you have any further questions just ask me and I can get you in touch with the right folks. Good luck here is the schedule for 2010

R5 water X racing

Round 1&2 May 22-23rd 2010 Genes Powersports, Baytown TX

Round 3&4 June 19-20th 2010 Lake Madison, Madisonville TX (Music Festival)

Round 5&6 July 3-4th 2010 The Liberty by The Lake Challenge, The Colony TX
    Lake Lewisville

*********July 3-4th 2010 IJSBA Endurance Nationals*********

Round 7&8 TBA (Tentative final round) Working on the site!

hyoctane23:

You need to to come to the 1st R5water x races at Genes Powersports, In Baytown on May 22rd and 23rd. Matt and Gene Anderson ( Owners of Genes powersport used to be a factory team for Polaris runabouts) He has alot of tuning knowledge on those boats... They got an stock Octane last year on race gas to outrun my hydrospace just by tuning on it a few hours. Not to mention Cory Hieman usually shows up at the races and He was a polaris test pilot for years as well as Billy Dearman of Judge motorsports.....

HighVelocity

I have been anxious to see some of WFO's power be put to an endurance or closed course. I hear He is making the biggest horse power in the Houston area right now. It will be nice to see some Yamaha's sho up against the Andy Wise SeaDoo's and Judge Kawasaki's oh and Rogue Jets Mike Younts ultra 260x....

Banned User
    +1

race

I might wana try it out, just my boat is fast- me on the other hand im slow lol I would give it a try

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD232racing View Post
    hyoctane23:

You need to to come to the 1st R5water x races at Genes Powersports, In Baytown on May 23rd and 24th. Matt and Gene Anderson ( Owners of Genes powersport used to be a factory team for Polaris runabouts) He has alot of tuning knowledge on those boats... They got an stock Octane last year on race gas to outrun my hydrospace just by tuning on it a few hours. Not to mention Cory Hieman usually shows up at the races and He was a polaris test pilot for years as well as Billy Dearman of Judge motorsports.....

HighVelocity

I have been anxious to see some of WFO's power be put to an endurance or closed course. I hear He is making the biggest horse power in the Houston area right now. It will be nice to see some Yamaha's sho up against the Andy Wise SeaDoo's and Judge Kawasaki's oh and Rogue Jets Mike Younts ultra 260x....
    Very nice ski in your avatar! Blaster right?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JD232racing View Post
    The Teamsport racing page has just been updated a few weeks ago, they were trying to get a schedule lined out... They are the APBA racing circuit which is "SuperCourse" A very cool form of endurance racing and now closed course ( just like the good ole days ).
    WOW, Supercourse and CC at one event

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    I'm excited to go! About the classes, what exactly is offered for beginners like myself? Are they divided into cc classes or is the beginners class lumped into one single class?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDome View Post
    Very nice ski in your avatar! Blaster right?
    Yes, that is my 2009 4th place overall in Region 5 sport spec blaster. Never raced anything but Ski before and decided to help build up the sport class with my team mate Steve Issacs. I almost hole shoted in my 1st two motos and Placed 2nd overall out of 9 racers and third my first weekend out ( At Boomtown ). I raced again in July in Dallas against 13 riders and placed 3rd overall pending tech inspection ( really 4th ). Only racing select dates and finishing the year strong with two 4th place overalls at Genes Powersports in Baytown, TX. I did not go to Nashville for the National Championchips and still finished #9 in the nation behind 5 other Region 5 riders and in front of 2 Multi time sport World / National champions.... Not to shabby for a old 440 rider who is just getting back into all this stuff.....
    I gotta thank my Dad for building my boat and Macc Racing for the parts and Pete at Riva Yamaha for getting me on the support team... If you ever wanna come ride bouys, You know When I'm off work........ We have spare blasters for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoctane23 View Post
    I'm excited to go! About the classes, what exactly is offered for beginners like myself? Are they divided into cc classes or is the beginners class lumped into one single class?
    Now I am just speaking for closed course with R5 Water x racing at Gene's in Baytown in May..........

Don't quote me but more then likely you will be placed in beginner runabout Limited..... Meaning you can run a stock boat, or if you choose to run some select mods like a pipe or bored cylinders or aftermaket head or cooling that you will still be legal. Do not worry the Promotors in R5 beleive very stongly about not putting 3 seater turbo or supercharged boats against smaller runabouts. If Skinny or Brent Carruth are racing they run 951 limited sea doos you could be combined in there heat if you feel comfortable racing with them (You will just be scored as a beginner). Hopefully Cory Heiman will be there with his Polaris boats and maybe Matt Anderson will return to the water to cut some laps with you. Hope this answers your question.. Keep asking if you have more questions.

Here are the class break downs for 2010: You are listed in HOT CLASSES

Some of you will have ALOT of questions we are sure, but be rest assured that NO ONE will be turned away from racing..We have a place for you!

You will notice we have the follwing classes:
    NOTE: For 2010 R5WaterXRacing will be implementing Slalom competition back into the mix! In order for each racer to recieve their maximum points for the regional championship they MUST run slalom. In addition there will be slalom titles given at the end of the season on top of the regional titles.

Premier Classes meaning PAYOUT classes only, Those that hold an Expert or PRO Card are eligible to run in the premier classes.

Premier Classes:
    Pro Ski Stock
    Pro Ski GP
    Pro R/A Open
    Sport spec
    Pro Freestyle

"HOT" Classes Meaning these are the classes that have been fairly popular for the past couple of years those eligible to run these classes are Novice, Amatuer & Expert card holders.

Hot Classes:

Intermediate Ski Stock
    Intermediate Ski Limited
    Intermediate R/A Stock
    Intermediate R/A Limited
    Sport Mod
    Sport GP
    Vintage 550 Ski
    Beginner Ski Limited
    Beginner R/A Limited

All Juniors will RACE FOR FREE once again in 2010 EVERY RACE!!!

Junior Ski 10-12 Stk
    Junior Ski 13-15 Stk
    Junior Ski 13-15 Ltd
    Junior Ski 4 Stroke Stk 13-15
    Junior 13-15 Sport Spec BRAND NEW for 2010

Optional Classes meaning these are the classes that must have 3 or more racers for the class to make. These classes as of right now WILL NOT be listed on the entry form.

Optional Classes:

Vet Ski
    Vet R/A
    Runabout N/A Stk
    Runabout N/A Limited
    Womens Ski
    Womens R/A

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information