replacing oil line

What type of hose do I use can I just use the hose I replaced my fuel line with Also should I drain the old oil out of tank. After I replace everything how can I make sure the oil pump is working.

+1
    i think the line is 1/8 and your fuel line should be 1/4, so you will need too get diffrent line..

fuellines.biz sell the primer line that will work fine for you.

if you do a search you will find out how too blead the oil lines, but what im goingt oo do too make sure both my ski's oil pumpers are all good is mix oil in the gas and fill up the oil tank and run it till i know and am comfortable with the oil lines being bubbble less

I want to do away with it and premix but everyone scares me with removing the pump in the hull so I dont know what to do.

+1
    well to be honest i have herd alot of good things about the polaris oil pumps lasting.. at least for the domestic engines, i assume you have a fugi (blue) engine?

what i would do is just keep it add some oil too the gas and make sure the pumps working, i know that on the domestics if the pump breaks it goes too 100% oil flow too save the motor..

i think every one on here is just trying too tell you that it will be easyer too take care of the pump with the motor removed, but on the fugis i think its possable to do it in the hull but from what i have read you cant see what your doing..

From What I can see on diagrams is there are two bolts that hold the pump on and then a gear in that do you just pull the gear out then block off the hole I think I am going to just pull it off.

+1
    it can be tough to remove with the motor in the hull, you can use an inspection mirror to see what your doing but it is really a two person job, one to hold the mirror and the other to do the work. I am personally not a pre mix fan but there are pros and cons to both. If you look in the right spot you can find block off kits for under $10 dollars on Ebay.
    I always put a little oil in the gas just to be safe and to help keep things oiled through the fuel pump and carbs, but its not a lot, maybe 100-1 ratio. Hope this helps. Mike

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG1926 View Post
    From What I can see on diagrams is there are two bolts that hold the pump on and then a gear in that do you just pull the gear out then block off the hole I think I am going to just pull it off.
    That is essentially what you do to remove the oil pump. You do need to remove the oil pump drive gear, which is inside the hole.

You need to get a block off kit that has a gasket and cap to cover the hole.

Some block-off kits also include a metal slug that fills up the empty space where the drive gear was located. This slightly improves crank case compression in the center cylinder.

If you remove the carb rack and intake manifold, you can at least see the Fuji oil pump to work on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG1926 View Post
    Yes, you can also take the carbs off to give you more room if need be. There are 6 nuts you will need a 12 or 13 mm wrench to remove them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ujustlost View Post
    it can be tough to remove with the motor in the hull, you can use an inspection mirror to see what your doing but it is really a two person job, one to hold the mirror and the other to do the work. I am personally not a pre mix fan but there are pros and cons to both. If you look in the right spot you can find block off kits for under $10 dollars on Ebay.
    I always put a little oil in the gas just to be safe and to help keep things oiled through the fuel pump and carbs, but its not a lot, maybe 100-1 ratio. Hope this helps. Mike
    i agree.. thats what i will be doing..

Thread Information