Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

confused about supercharger

Alright guys,I have an 06 RXP with stock ecu, stock s/c and
    stock injectors with the x/s intercooler and a stage 1 kit...the general consensus is that the biggest charger that I can run with out an rrfpr with the external intercooler is a stage 3 charger and 42# injectors..the part that i'm confused about is that the stage 3 puts out 10.5 psi @ 8100 and the oem x charger puts out 10 psi @ 8100.Why is it that you have to run an rrfpr if you use the x charger if it's making less boost than the stage three charger?....thanks in advance ....Damon

+1
    Not sure about your question, I am sure someone that knows will chime in. But, were do you ride? We have a good group that goes to Taylors pretty regular and I hang down at PN Park pretty often.

+1
    we mostly launch out of the yacht club in Beaumont. seems like we always end up at the big sand bar between the two big powerlines about halfway between port neches park and beaumont.....I've been on taylors a couple of times....it's alot smoother there for sure

+1
    From what I understand you need an RRFPR when you move to the X Charger since you already have the XS intercooler.

+1
    Yeah thats what Ive been reading up on....I'm just wondering why.. because the x charger makes less boost than the stage 3....if it's been proven that the stage 3 with 42# pound injectors and external cooler is safe then why can't you run the x s/c with the same setup....just wondering ...i know just enough about this stuff to get myself in trouble

+1
    Troy....do you ride with guys from hillebrandt that have that jetski shop? I think his name is Ronnie..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyoung View Post
    Troy....do you ride with guys from hillebrandt that have that jetski shop? I think his name is Ronnie..
    Yes, Ronnie is his name. No, never have rode with him. I may be at Taylors tomorrow around 1 with the PX. Probably will take the wife out on the TX Sunday on the Neches.

+1
    I've got my ski apart right now.I just installed the riva ride plate with heat x set up,shorty water box and thru hull..I'm going to be putting the i/c in tomorrow. Just figured while it was opened up back there I'd move up to a more aggressive charger...hopefully I'll be done this weekend...I'm getting anxious to ride.....bet that water is F'ing cold though..
    Last edited by Dyoung; 03-26-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: spelling..duh

+1
    Water is not to bad, we have already been out about 5-6 times this year. When you get it all together hit me up, I am always ready to ride.

+1
    you make good sense in your argument. the only thing i can think of is that the x-charger is a bigger one, 127 vs 137mm. almost 10% bigger which probably means cooler charge at same psi. this in turn means more air which can lean you out a bit. this is all an assumption and correct me if i'm wrong

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information