Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Should I be revving harder and going faster?

Hi Everyone

I have been reading this forum for many years and have enjoyed the wealth of information. Now its time for my first post!!

here is the story, i have a 2008 FX SHO 102hrs and i have just had installed the R2 ECU, R&D SHO Power Core Intake Manifold and Intercooler CFM Kit , R&D power plenum flame arrester, R&D intake grate, R&D ride plate, pump seal kit, R&D anti cav cone and a 13/22 Skat trak. I have also modified the original exhaust using Tommy Jordans method. the rest is standard

So it handles great, launches well with very little cavitation, if any, especially if you are in the right position.

I have reached a max of 71MPH on the GPS, I should also add that i had 1/4 fuel, was in falt salt water and i weigh 225pounds however apart from launch at 8000 the ski does not rev past 7600. I read from the instructions with the R2 that with that pitch it should be at 7900-8000 on the stock wheel? what am i missing?

Am i correct in thinking it should be revving harder and getting a little more speed?

thankyou in advance to any advice

Are you running standard boost wheel, if so drop a ETTS wheel in and get that motor boosted.

+1
    Thanks coldspace, just running the OEM wheel at the moment and really was not looking to spend any more cash, just trying to get the most out of the current setup, any over ideas why im not currently revving harder?

Quote Originally Posted by COSEY1234 View Post
    Thanks coldspace, just running the OEM wheel at the moment and really was not looking to spend any more cash, just trying to get the most out of the current setup, any over ideas why im not currently revving harder?
    Maybe the prop is too big or you got a boost leak check for a boost leak if thats good have the prop pitched smaller to increase the rpms and you will gain speed.

+1
    Id think you should be seeing more rpm's. My first major mod was the motec. I was over 8000 rpms just with that. I was still with the stock supercharger wheel. Sounds like something is wrong. check all connections to see if anything is leaking anywhere.

+1
    Holy cow--you joined in 2008 and you just now make your first post. I should be more like that!

I would say that you should be revving more RPM'S with your current setup. However, if you can verify your boost and it's good, you just need a wheel.

Your ski will come to life with a wheel like the C3 or comparable. If you go that route, make sure to check your air/fuel ratio. I am in the process of installing my LC-1 now (I'm really slow when it comes to wires).

Install a PET tach from the GH store and verify your RPM's too.

These two more mods will get you where you should be.

+1
    Thanks for all of the replys.

I checked for any leaks and tightned the hosing around the cooler, but to be honest i really dont know what im looking for. so i think ill take it back to the shop and get them to check the rpm and boost out!

I am keen to get a new wheel down the track but really dont have the $$$ to add a wheel and everything else that is needed right now.

+1
    I'm telling you right now that it isn't your wheel. I was at 7600 without any wheel and just the manifold upgrade and the air intake. Something else is going on. Like I said before I was over 8000 rpms with just the motec. Now I know that Motec is AWESOME but you are far from where you should be. Thats the beauty of motec...you can see where the problem is. R&D provides a temporary patch that works for some and doesn't work for others. If you have no problems, you are golden. If problems arise, well good luck finding it. I hope it is a simple problem and most likely it is, but without data logging, it will be more difficult to find. My guess is that you have a leak somewhere but hopefully it isn't worse. Good luck. Just so you know, I may be selling my E1 wheel if you are interested.

Banned User
    +1

RPM?

When u take off what rpm does it rev too? does your engine rev higher then 7700 rpm?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zx11rider View Post
    Maybe the prop is too big or you got a boost leak check for a boost leak if thats good have the prop pitched smaller to increase the rpms and you will gain speed.
    +1

The ECU reflash by itself is not going to raise your rpm 3-400rpm. Yes it's making more power now with the timing advance & raised boost limit, but you need to do one of three things to get the revs up: take pitch out of the prop, use a bigger nozzle, or add more power.

Also, it's summer there right. The hotter air/water temps are going to tax the stock intercooler & cause the ski to run richer. Salt water is more dense than fresh, so that's dropping rpm too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information