carbs or power valves??

hey guys getting used to this posting stuff always get great advice!! i have search all over for days trying to find a definitive awnser to my my problem and i am stuck. my 1200r runs greatfor the first 20 minutes im on it until i get off mingle on the boat for a little bit then i get back on starts right up hit the gas and it dies start it again and it will run great then die out again.. now alot of people yell its the carbs but if that were the case shouldnt i have trouble starting it and possibly a sputtering problem and never run right in the first place??? on th otherhand when i first got the ski and had it checked out the guy told me that he had to adjust the power valves and after reading some pv threads could my servo be out and its choking the motor once it warms up or should i open up the valves and clean them i have about 95 hours on the ski and run 50-1 premix .. thanks for the help guys!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rostin07 View Post
    hey guys getting used to this posting stuff always get great advice!! i have search all over for days trying to find a definitive awnser to my my problem and i am stuck. my 1200r runs greatfor the first 20 minutes im on it until i get off mingle on the boat for a little bit then i get back on starts right up hit the gas and it dies start it again and it will run great then die out again.. now alot of people yell its the carbs but if that were the case shouldnt i have trouble starting it and possibly a sputtering problem and never run right in the first place??? on th otherhand when i first got the ski and had it checked out the guy told me that he had to adjust the power valves and after reading some pv threads could my servo be out and its choking the motor once it warms up or should i open up the valves and clean them i have about 95 hours on the ski and run 50-1 premix .. thanks for the help guys!!
    do a compression test
    any mods to the ski?
    warped fuel pickup flapper
    cat converter still in ski?

Thread Information