Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fml you power valve

i had been having some issues with my ski loosing power
    so i was checking the power valves i pulled off the tops to clean them out and to my suprise cylinder #2 power valve is broken and all the way down so im pulling off the whole exhaust system now even up to last weekend the ski started and ran fine if i replace the valve should everything be okay or am i completely screwed and need a few rebuild?

if you know someone with a boroscope (little screen with wiggly camera tube on the end) get it in there and have a good look. Your pV's may have been glugged enough to not slide down and hit a piston!!! get it checked b4 worrying about top end rebuilds.

PV's should be cleaned every 12 months.

I hope your one of the lucky ones

+1
    Pull the head before you start taking everything apart for now. See what happened in that cylinder.

okay i had to stop today got all exhaust pulled off except the manifold i will get some pics up later tonight or in the morning. i also think right now would be a good time to pull the carbs out and give them a good cleaning anyone have an idea of the tool needed to pull off the carbs it looks to be an allen key there is 4 of them if that helps.. thanks for the advice guys really helping alot

"i hope im one of the lucky ones to lol"

Try not to smile on a Jetski... GPRFrank's Avatar
    +1

lucky one

There is the allen bolts + the 2 hex bolts in each carb as well. Let me know about the powervalve. I'm replacing my OEM with WHO's gas valves. When you do replace it make sure 110% you install wave eater clips....Everybody drops a P/V at some time in there 66V life

hey frank sorry it took so long but i sent paypal lastnight!! okay so i have a question i got the head pulled off and there doesnt seam to be to much damage i wanna pull the valve out todo a compression check see if the piston is and good!! but i cant figure out how to take the valve out?

+1

?

Quote Originally Posted by rostin07 View Post
    hey frank sorry it took so long but i sent paypal lastnight!! okay so i have a question i got the head pulled off and there doesnt seam to be to much damage i wanna pull the valve out todo a compression check see if the piston is and good!! but i cant figure out how to take the valve out?
    . How much damage do you mean by not much? You do not want any damage.. As to the valve removal. Your not going to want to.hear this but you are going to have to remove the the four bottom base bolts on the cyl jug. The whole jug has to come out and valve removes from inside cyl. The cylinder will have to be removed anyway since your going to install ne P/V and have to slide the shaft back through the valve... Post some pics of Damage!!!

+1
    The valve comes out the top. Remove the linkage #13 and 14 then shaft #11 then remove the cap screw #9 at the base and pull the valve out.

+1

Sorry

Did come out right LOL. The P/V slides back out. The shaft slide out side to side. The center jug if this is the one has to come out to remove shaft. Sorry if confusing . Please show the pics. Makes it easier to see what your dealing with...

+1
    No need to pull the cylinder. You can slide the middle shaft out into the front or rear with the front or rear shaft removed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information