Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: leaking coolant

leaking coolant

got my ski out today to change the oil. noticed a small puddle of coolant had collected near the pump and around the coolant fitting through the hull itself. suggestions? not terribly bad and coolant level in bottle is ok. thanks ahead

+1
    that is somewhat normal. however, if you notice the coolant level drop, there's a problem.

thanks for that. ill keep a check on it

+1
    Bro if your boat is leaking coolant while setting its not normal...........wait until u get it hot and the system is under pressure...............PERIOD!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    Bro if your boat is leaking coolant while setting its not normal...........wait until u get it hot and the system is under pressure...............PERIOD!

my RXP is 5 years old and has had a small amount of coolant sitting in the back before. i have never refilled the coolant and it has never passed below the line. it has about 160 hours on it. i guess we need to put "small puddle" into better perspective. a small amount can leak just from the factory clamp/connection being the way it is...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    my RXP is 5 years old and has had a small amount of coolant sitting in the back before. i have never refilled the coolant and it has never passed below the line. it has about 160 hours on it. i guess we need to put "small puddle" into better perspective. a small amount can leak just from the factory clamp/connection being the way it is...
    well i guess EVERYBODY ELSES will be ok then since yours is.............RIIIIIIIIIGHT!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    well i guess EVERYBODY ELSES will be ok then since yours is.............RIIIIIIIIIGHT!
    that's not what i said or implied. read my 1st post in this thread. i said if the level does not drop, it is highly likely that there is no problem other than the factory connection dripping.

+1
    ok James but even suggesting there isnt a problem isnt correct cause there is a problem ........it leaks and shouldnt...just because u accept it on yor boat doesnt mean its right or MAY be ok cause yours has been thus far and thats what u r suggesting in your post IMO!! PERIOD!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    #1-that is somewhat normal. #2-however, if you notice the coolant level drop, there's a problem.

#1-it may be an inherant problem with some Sea Doos because of the wire clamps they use BUT this is NOT NORMAL nor is it SOMEWHAT NORMAL........#2-yeah wait until your away from the ramp or dock or shore or whatever and then when u NOTICE (as suggested by u James) the SMALL coolant leak has turned into a FULL BLOWN COOLANT LOSS and u OVERHEAT your motor then u can address it out there on the water....the ONLY thing this type of advice MAY get someone is a BLOWN UP MOTOR........James i have had several high performance boats and NONE of them have ever leaked coolant in any form and if they did i addressed it right then to save grief later down the road........PERIOD!

+1
    James just so we r STRAIGHT.......... I LIKE U and I MEAN THAT...........BUT in this particular instance your advice, suggestions, personal experience, or insinuations or whatever u choose to call it is WHACKED and MAY get somebodies motor BLOWN UP!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information