Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,879
    +1
    116

    Riva X ride plate

    So from what ive been reading the X plate will bolt right on a 215 rxp with no other changes any truth to this?


  2. #2
    Got Boost? psycho rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Posts
    5,445
    +1
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    So from what ive been reading the X plate will bolt right on a 215 rxp with no other changes any truth to this?

    the difference between the 215 plate, and the 255 plate is the 255 plate has 3 grate mounting holes instead of 1 on the 215.

    I bought the 255 plate for my 215, and u will have to grind down some of the shoe to get it to mount flush (remove the brass inserts). Then fill in the void with epoxy, or lots of right stuff.

  3. #3
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    the difference between the 215 plate, and the 255 plate is the 255 plate has 3 grate mounting holes instead of 1 on the 215.

    I bought the 255 plate for my 215, and u will have to grind down some of the shoe to get it to mount flush (remove the brass inserts). Then fill in the void with epoxy, or lots of right stuff.
    +1

  4. #4
    GOT BOOST? Dockside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,879
    +1
    116
    aight tks guys sounds like this is the way to go if and when i make the switch.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    715
    i just did it to mine, i didnt even have to use right stuff or anything else just shave it down tell it fits

  6. #6
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by stevorxp007 View Post
    i just did it to mine, i didnt even have to use right stuff or anything else just shave it down tell it fits
    You will have issues to come very soon!


    The proper way to do it....

    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    u will have to grind down some of the shoe to get it to mount flush (remove the brass inserts). Then fill in the void with epoxy, or lots of right stuff.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    715
    what kind of issues?

  8. #8
    Got Boost? psycho rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Posts
    5,445
    +1
    182
    the hollow part of the shoe where it meets the grate may flex,or get high pressure water under it and break off

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Riva sho ride plate
    By shwnoff1 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 09:53 PM
  2. Riva grovie ride plate good or bad for a raider 1100
    By XP537 in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 09:34 PM
  3. Riva 1300 Ride Plate
    By Ronn25 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 04:04 PM
  4. Riva 1300R Ride Plate on a 1200R/Does is matter?
    By LS2000 Cop in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 06:01 AM
  5. Riva grate & ride plate joint.
    By ou812 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 10:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •