Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: too slow!!

  1. #1
    tysonfzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    johor bahru malaysia
    Posts
    621

    too slow!!

    yesterday went for jetski,test my top speed wif full tank on calm water
    i only manage to get 72mph(gps) rpm is abt 7650
    now im using solas 13/22r,i will b changing to 13/24.
    can any1 tell me wats is the difference?


  2. #2
    #101 Wes-Tec high output's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    cayman, islands
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonfzr View Post
    yesterday went for jetski,test my top speed wif full tank on calm water
    i only manage to get 72mph(gps) rpm is abt 7650
    now im using solas 13/22r,i will b changing to 13/24.
    can any1 tell me wats is the difference?
    tyson if i was you before going to the 13/24 i would try the skat 13/22 or 13/23. the skat and solas are diff. even no they are the same pitch, went by my machanices garage and he was comparing them.

  3. #3
    ercBOOSTED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    1,093
    +1
    3
    So no ecu or reflash of the stock ecu? Sounds like you are at the mercy of the stock limiters.

  4. #4
    gmoeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, Calif
    Posts
    1,450
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonfzr View Post
    yesterday went for jetski,test my top speed wif full tank on calm water
    i only manage to get 72mph(gps) rpm is abt 7650
    now im using solas 13/22r,i will b changing to 13/24.
    can any1 tell me wats is the difference?
    Tyson,
    Something is not sounding right. I had the same set-up as you (except for B1 wheel) but I was using the 13/25 skat and I was right at 7750 rpm.
    To me, it seems like you should be banging the $hit out of the limiter with the Dynafly. Do you have a boost guage? What's it reading?
    What are your air/water riding temps? Humidity?
    Which nozzle ring?

    Hmmmm?

  5. #5
    #101 Wes-Tec high output's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    cayman, islands
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    Tyson,
    Something is not sounding right. I had the same set-up as you (except for B1 wheel) but I was using the 13/25 skat and I was right at 7750 rpm.
    To me, it seems like you should be banging the $hit out of the limiter with the Dynafly. Do you have a boost guage? What's it reading?
    What are your air/water riding temps? Humidity?
    Which nozzle ring?

    Hmmmm?
    +1 should be running a skat better props all around

  6. #6
    FZR N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    728
    +1
    13
    yea run the 13/25 for sure

  7. #7
    tysonfzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    johor bahru malaysia
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by ercBOOSTED View Post
    So no ecu or reflash of the stock ecu? Sounds like you are at the mercy of the stock limiters.
    im using stock ecu now...but will go for R2 reflash soon

  8. #8
    tysonfzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    johor bahru malaysia
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    Tyson,
    Something is not sounding right. I had the same set-up as you (except for B1 wheel) but I was using the 13/25 skat and I was right at 7750 rpm.
    To me, it seems like you should be banging the $hit out of the limiter with the Dynafly. Do you have a boost guage? What's it reading?
    What are your air/water riding temps? Humidity?
    Which nozzle ring?

    Hmmmm?
    i dun have a boost gauge,the weather is super hot.
    81mm nozzle..
    impeller can cause the rpm from goin up?
    when i go full throttle i can feel abit of vibration,
    like too much boost n top end lost power

  9. #9
    gmoeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, Calif
    Posts
    1,450
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by tysonfzr View Post
    i dun have a boost gauge,the weather is super hot.
    81mm nozzle..
    impeller can cause the rpm from goin up?
    when i go full throttle i can feel abit of vibration,
    like too much boost n top end lost power
    You just gotta be on the limiter with that prop, even with the 81mm ring, and even with your weather....but, maybe I'm wrong.

    Tyson, are you thinking of going with the 160mm liner and prop? If so, you may want to wait and see what others, with our similar set-ups, say about it....it could be a good thing for us. I would hate to see you drop $$$ on a 13/24 or 13/25 only to want the 160mm liner and prop 2 months later....take it from me.

    Do you have a PET tachometer hooked up?

  10. #10
    tysonfzr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    johor bahru malaysia
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    You just gotta be on the limiter with that prop, even with the 81mm ring, and even with your weather....but, maybe I'm wrong.

    Tyson, are you thinking of going with the 160mm liner and prop? If so, you may want to wait and see what others, with our similar set-ups, say about it....it could be a good thing for us. I would hate to see you drop $$$ on a 13/24 or 13/25 only to want the 160mm liner and prop 2 months later....take it from me.

    Do you have a PET tachometer hooked up?
    i dun have PET tachometer,
    how much is the 160mm n prop?
    is it suitable for my ski?
    coz im a endurance rider,i always ride long distance for afew hours..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Still way too slow
    By ptscon in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-09-2016, 08:28 PM
  2. 2000 Polaris Genesis Ficht ...TOO SLOW. NEED MORE POWER... BUT HOW
    By blastedm3 in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 02:50 PM
  3. rxt too slow
    By seadoo rxt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 04:27 PM
  4. Need Help GPR Too Slow
    By GPR4EVER in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 09:42 AM
  5. is this too slow..??
    By quadzilla in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 09:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •