Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

trying to get more out of my 96xp

Newbie here. I was try to get some info. on getting speed out of my 96xp. Any info will be greatly thanked. Ps. I have about 3k to spend.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dlandog View Post
    Newbie here. I was try to get some info. on getting speed out of my 96xp. Any info will be greatly thanked. Ps. I have about 3k to spend.
    Welcome bro, I would post in the 2 STROKE section of Seadoo and see what those guys recommend!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to GH! How good are you with a wrench?

+1
    +1 on this! I also have a 96XP and I was wondering about a few mods for it. not trying to spend 3k though!

+1
    For easy starters you can do a prop and intake grate. An XO Solas isa middle of the road prop that will give you a bit more top end and speed but dont be expecting big numbers. choose an intake that suits the water you ride. there are others for rough water that preform like crap on glass. Flame Arrestors and a rejet kit forthe carbs is a good easy mod that still gives reliability. Nozzle kits are good if you can find a used set. I run a R&D 85/88 setup. You can also add a head for higher compression and snappier throttle response.
    If you like to wrench you can add a pipe. some pipes are easy on the motors but if you want a Factory Pipe Spec II and 42+ mm carbs be prepared to wrench and tune...a lot.

+1
    just looking for easy stuff. I can wrech, thats not a problem. I've been builting bikes and cars for years. jet skis are new to me. I don't feel like wreching once a week though and rejetting all the time. I hate doing that with my banshee let alone this thing. what are flame arresters and nozzle kits? as for the Intakes I ride the river right by my house and I'm down at the beach every other weekend and I'll probably be riding in the ocean. maybe the stock intake is best?? Not looking to shock the world just trying to keep up with my buddies newer sea doos. 60mph would be nice, anything faster would be a gift.

+1
    sorry not trying to high jack this thread, if need be I'll make my own.

worx intake grate unless you have smooth water. flame arrestors(air cleaners) and a rejet, may as well clean the carbs. high compression head will require higher octane. for 3K i'd look for an RXP, xp or rx or somthing with a bigger engine. and still keep yours.

+1
    W, for your riding a Worx intake is what your looking for. the nozzle kit is the nozzle after the prop and the steering nozzle. a slightly smaller size will get you maybe 1mph or so. a Solas XO will also get you 1mph. that with f/a's and a rejet (to complement the f/a's) will get you to 60mph. a stock 96XP will run 58ish stock.

Thanks ,but i really love this ski !!! I just cant part with it, is the rxp that more of a machine. I also love the handle of the xp.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information