Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

MATRIX REVISITED

At the suggestion of Mark I thought I would bring out experiences with the Matrix craft to our new home. I'll start with an article Mark Baxter sent me out of a magazine article and in the next few days I'll get everything I remember about the Matrix.
    There was a group of us that worked out our issues with the Matrix and I'd like to bring some information from those pages here.

This is my first post regarding the "Private" board.........

"First I'd like to give Mark Baxter a great big THANK YOU for making the MATRIX a reality. Without Mark none of us would have these "once in a lifetime" craft. His dedication to the project before and after Polaris left the PWC scene has been nothing less than admirable.

I know the efforts and hard work to get supplies and parts from Polaris. The relationships needed with PVL, Factory Pipe and whatever other vendor need be. I'm sure the hard work pays off everytime he hears one start for the first time.

Yet with just a little bit of cash out of our pockets, we get one of the most unique craft ever built. I know when I go to the lake and kick somebody's ass on a Polaris is just makes my day!! There is always conversation and awe as they inspect my engine bay, it truly has form and function.

O.K. the reason for this board. As we are a very few and proud bunch I thought it would be nice if we could share our thoughts, secrets, tips and general information involving the MATRIX. I'm hoping if we can pool our information and our experiences we'd save each other some time and money while we obtain our individual goals with our MATRIX watercraft.

Crazy posted a UMI set up, that got the ball rolling and a few phone calls later all that UMI had was sold. I think this type of sharing will benefit all MATRIX owners and it would be nice to come to one area, non public to make that happen.

We will have some visitors that would rather keep their posted information amongst MATRIX owners and not have to listen to the riff-raff of internet cowboys stirring up crap for no other reason than stirring up crap.

I'm hoping this board can bring a group together that will share and help others to make their MATRIX just a little better than they thought it could be.

With that said Welcome to the Board. And of course a special THANKS to Mark C for the private use of his bandwith."

+1
    This is the article that "peaked" my curiosity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matrix1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	444.9 KB 
ID:	8016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matrix2.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	646.8 KB 
ID:	8017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matrix3.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	748.6 KB 
ID:	8018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matrix4.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	555.3 KB 
ID:	8019  

+1
    These are easier to read.

+1

Supply List

Here's what I have in terms of needed items for the conversion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supply List.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	8066   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supply List1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	8067   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supply List2.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	8068  

+1

HP Torque Chart

I've always loved this graph.

Last edited by ph2ocraft; 09-14-2006 at 01:10 AM.

+1
    Carb Specs

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    That's just EVIL

+1
    Al,
    Are we supposed to jump in here and share stuff too, or is this strictly "spec sheet stuff"? Love it man... keep up the good work!!!

+1
    Certainly share away!!! I'm just getting all the tech stuff I have up so that I have it in one place, I'm just taking my time. Every and anything thing about the Matrix, please share...............anybody!!!!!!

Ok... I will get the ball rolling non the list of stuff we have learnt that is not on the spec sheets......

1. Preferrably, dont run only Pump Gas.
    2. Take 1/8" off the end of the stator coil mounting screws and ensure you use loctite when when putting them in. Some have come loose and caused some ugly damage. The mounting screws appear to be just that little bit too long. Dont forget the Loctite!
    3. On the 'hub' (where the blade meets the hub) of the prop, near the leading edge end of the prop, there is a small defect in the original casting that will have a negative effect on 'out of the hole' acceleration. You will see a slight bump in the casting that needs to be ground away and smoothed out.
    4. Like any triple pipe, be prepared to do some tuning with carby setup etc,.. matched to each cyclinder/pipe combination. Spend lots of time on this to start with and you will have a reliable machine.
    5. If in salt water, take the time to anodise all the Alum parts before fitting the kit. Hell do it anyway because it just looks good!
    6. Take the time to install a flush adaptor as the original kit does not come with one. contact Grant at GP Engineering in New Zealand.
    7. Whilst on the topic of GP Engineering in NZ, ditch the standard air box, buy a set of Carb bases from Grant and fit some cone filters. This will eliminate any suspected (but unproven yet) 'airflow issues' the engine has with the center cylinder breathing through the standard air box when running at full noise. The Carby bases from Grant also help with a slight performance gain through being nicely machined to improve air flow.
    8. Be careful of the clearance between the Mag and Center Pipe. Some kits have found to have contact and damage with these pipes touching.

...... thats it for now from me... anyone else ??????
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 09-15-2006 at 06:40 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information