Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Check out the new PWC

http://silveiracustoms.com/#/production/

I cant seem to find out anyother info but what I found here but looks neat anyway.

+1
    That's called the Samba, looks like they are marketing it under a new corporate brand name; looks really cool but I would hate to ride that thing in the chop; here's the thread from last year:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ighlight=samba

+1

Whats amazing to me is how someone can market a product that hasn't been developed to the point where it is ready for production.

Look @ issues brought up by searching Google.

$28K for $5K worth of product.

$10K for a Dentist
    $10K for a Chiro
    $10K for Knee Surgery

Wait for the New Samba, it'll be called the SuperJetski. Then you'll see what the 'real' concept is about; more versatile, way more fun.

Sour Grapes

Sounds like sour grapes to me Craig (Samba2). I don't know what happened between you and Rod but it's pretty plain to see that you are bitter about it and trying to trash the product in multiple forums.

Let me leave some observations.

• I'm so sick of hearing you complain about how much the Samba costs to make vs. how much they're charging. Every company in the world adds markup. Most premium products add a considerable amount. It covers research and development costs, manufacturing costs, marketing costs and overhead. Did you know that that Porsche makes an average profit of $28,000 on every car?

• From what I can see Rod has never said his wife helped develop this product. He says she help found Silveira Customs - their company.

• The Green Samba appears to be different than what the two of you developed. It's driven by twin electric drives rather than a combustion engine. That detail makes it far more interesting than the original product and it's what's driven the interest its receiving.

• Kudos to Silveira Customs for their marketing. Complaining in forums about your ex-partner is not marketing. Rod has, from all indications, invested a considerable amount of money and effort in marketing the Samba. He has written press releases to generate interest, developed a website, leveraged industry buzz to garner TV appearances, promoted the Samba at industry events, etc. What have you done to market your product?

• Good luck releasing a product called "SuperJetski." Jet Ski is a registered trademark of Kawasaki. Although it has become a generic term, it is still protected by copyright. Try releasing a tissue product called Kleenex or cotton swabs called Q-Tips and you'll see what I mean.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wfiguest View Post
    Sounds like sour grapes to me Craig (Samba2). I don't know what happened between you and Rod but it's pretty plain to see that you are bitter about it and trying to trash the product in multiple forums.

Let me leave some observations.

• I'm so sick of hearing you complain about how much the Samba costs to make vs. how much they're charging. Every company in the world adds markup. Most premium products add a considerable amount. It covers research and development costs, manufacturing costs, marketing costs and overhead. Did you know that that Porsche makes an average profit of $28,000 on every car?

• From what I can see Rod has never said his wife helped develop this product. He says she help found Silveira Customs - their company.

• The Green Samba appears to be different than what the two of you developed. It's driven by twin electric drives rather than a combustion engine. That detail makes it far more interesting than the original product and it's what's driven the interest its receiving.

• Kudos to Silveira Customs for their marketing. Complaining in forums about your ex-partner is not marketing. Rod has, from all indications, invested a considerable amount of money and effort in marketing the Samba. He has written press releases to generate interest, developed a website, leveraged industry buzz to garner TV appearances, promoted the Samba at industry events, etc. What have you done to market your product?

• Good luck releasing a product called "SuperJetski." Jet Ski is a registered trademark of Kawasaki. Although it has become a generic term, it is still protected by copyright. Try releasing a tissue product called Kleenex or cotton swabs called Q-Tips and you'll see what I mean.
    Why are you marketing your shit on this forum?

I don't have anything to do with Craig or Rod. I became interested when I began reading about the Samba online. But every time I do a google search and visit a forum, there's Craig moaning about how Rod sucks now that they aren't partners.

Like I said... sour grapes.

+1
    I have a feeling it will be as successful as the Yamaha Wavejammer or SeaDoo 3-D.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaGuy View Post
    I have a feeling it will be as successful as the Yamaha Wavejammer or SeaDoo 3-D.
    +1, it looks really cool, but I think that thing would beat the crap out of you in the chop, and the developers should know that PWC enthusiasts don't really give a crap about electric powered vessels either. I stopped playing with those when I was about five years old.

Banned User
    +1
    Will you be bringing the Samba to the World Finals again in Lake Havasu, this year??
    Will you take it out on the water, at the World Finals??
    I had talked to a few people, and got you some time where you could have ridden that during the W/F, but got the impression you weren't interested, so I moved on.
    I would really like to see a demonstration this year

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information