seaweed question

ok i just got a 95 speedster. this is my 1st jetboat.i like to go fast on the water,but i dont go in the water lol! my prop boats i had no worry about seaweed but ppl are telling me im gonna have to swim under boat and unclog, but that aint happening lol!is there a diff grate i can buy or mods i can do to mine????? any ideas? thanks

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    stay out of the shallow water Really there is no good way to keep it out of the pump tunnel besides staying out of it. An intake grate with a scoop on it could actually pick up more in theory. thats my .02

Ontario, Canada
    My channel cuts through wetlands so very very weedie and what i find works best is while at idle put it in revs and shake the boat and bump the gas a bit at the same time. What i find is weeds will hook on to the grate and when you hit the gas it sucks in a big clump, idea is to try and dislog the weeds befor planing, same idea as pro boat. this always seemed to work for me but there always a chance youll have to go swiming

Florida -JERSEY
    Sometimes even shuttin my motor off will stop the flow of water into the tunnel and allow the weeds to sort of fall or float out

St. Amant, LA
    I don't have any experience w/a jet boat, but doesn't it work on the same principal as the PWC? If so, you'll eventually have to go for a swim.

Just this past summer, I had to remove the life jacket, get under the ski and damn near had both feet planted on the bottom of the hull to yank a 50 lb. ball of grass free.

Sooner or later, you're going to get wet...

Thread Information