Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    thomase87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    149

    My ported 1300R build

    So this past weekend I took a trip up to Wisconsin to meet up with Kris to help put my engine back together and install all the parts I ordered to make modifications to the ski. So with the help of Kris' brother and Pat (YamahaPat) we got everything put back together in two days and a total of around 22 hours of work. Here are the following mods we did:

    ported cylinders
    milled head
    d-plate
    pump tunnel reinforcement
    ppk (by the way the two-part resign you can buy at hobby lobby works great)
    free flow exhaust
    1200 intake grate
    jim's rideplate
    solas dynafly 14/20
    vf3 reeds
    jet-works
    e.f.i. control unit
    flame arrestor
    oil pump blockoff kit
    4 degree keyway

    So I want to thank Kris, his brother Kurt, and Pat for all their help in this build and all the hard work and long hours this past weekend. We got it all put back together and is sounding awesome. Now it's all just about getting out on the water and tuning the e.f.i. in to get it running perfect. Right now it's sitting at 6-6-7-6 but I won't know what's perfect until I get it out and put a tach on it.


  2. #2
    WATER WOODY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minden, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    10,664
    +1
    11
    Talked with Kris yesterday and we will set it up when your water warms up. Congrats on your project!

  3. #3
    thomase87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    149
    And a big thanks to rich (WFO) for all the help and late night phone calls we made to him in trying to set up the ski. Rich is very knowledgable and couldn't have done it without his great advice.

  4. #4
    thomase87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Talked with Kris yesterday and we will set it up when your water warms up. Congrats on your project!
    Yea the water was still a little too cold to test and tune. I plan on testing it within the next week cause the water is a little warmer down here and should be warm enough to get out and test and break it in

  5. #5
    krispaintballz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by thomase87 View Post
    So this past weekend I took a trip up to Wisconsin to meet up with Kris to help put my engine back together and install all the parts I ordered to make modifications to the ski. So with the help of Kris' brother and Pat (YamahaPat) we got everything put back together in two days and a total of around 22 hours of work. Here are the following mods we did:

    ported cylinders
    milled head
    d-plate
    pump tunnel reinforcement
    ppk (by the way the two-part resign you can buy at hobby lobby works great)
    free flow exhaust
    1200 intake grate
    jim's rideplate
    solas dynafly 14/20
    vf3 reeds
    jet-works
    e.f.i. control unit
    flame arrestor
    oil pump blockoff kit
    4 degree keyway

    So I want to thank Kris, his brother Kurt, and Pat for all their help in this build and all the hard work and long hours this past weekend. We got it all put back together and is sounding awesome. Now it's all just about getting out on the water and tuning the e.f.i. in to get it running perfect. Right now it's sitting at 6-6-7-6 but I won't know what's perfect until I get it out and put a tach on it.

    Thomas 6-7-6-6

    I am glad everything is good. Sounded really good today. Still no word on the tach. He will prob give me a call tom. I went there and his book was showing 65.00!!!!!!!!!!!! If that is so I will see if I can get a bunch of them and sell them for about 75.00. That should cover the shipping. 75 for a pet-2100dx is a steal.

  6. #6
    thomase87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    Thomas 6-7-6-6

    I am glad everything is good. Sounded really good today. Still no word on the tach. He will prob give me a call tom. I went there and his book was showing 65.00!!!!!!!!!!!! If that is so I will see if I can get a bunch of them and sell them for about 75.00. That should cover the shipping. 75 for a pet-2100dx is a steal.
    My bad. I meant 6-7-6-6. Wow!!!!! I hope they are only 65.00. That would be sweet!

  7. #7
    thomase87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    149
    I just want to reitterate how thankful I am to have Kris (someone who is very knowledgable on ski's to help me out on this build). He doesn't take any shortcuts on anything and is very tedious with his work and that's what I really liked about it. Having Rich just a phone call away was a tremendous help also. These are two guys on this forum that know what their talking about and are always willing to help out. I learned a lot this weekend and am very grateful that I have met so many great forum members. YamahaPat was also with us most of the time and was a very big help. Thanks guys!!! Numbers soon hopefully once I get her tuned and broken in!!!!!!

  8. #8
    thomase87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    149
    Well today was very nice so I decided I would take the ski out for a couple of test runs. No numbers yet as I am waiting for my gps but I will say that she is even more snappy and quicker than the 1200 GPR triple I used to own. The ski hooks up like no other with no hesitation whatsoever. Still need to tune the e.f.i. once I get my pet tach in cause I know I'm running a little rich right now but at least it's on the safe side. Numbers soon!

  9. #9
    thomase87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bowling Green
    Posts
    149
    Well I got my gps in today so I went out to the river to get some numbers but it didn't run as fast as I thought. I was running 72 mph with my E.F.I. settings at 6-9-6-6. Pulled the plugs at low, mid, and high range and they all looked great except one of them on the high was maybe a bit white so I might adjust the settings to 6-9-7-6. Kris said I might be bouncing off the rev limiter causing it to not reach top speed. So I guess I need to get my 14/20 repitched. I can't really do anymore tuning because I don't have a tach yet. Could I adjust the last screw on the tach to change it a bit or will that not really do anything? What is it for anyways? It says its for RPM (each dash represnts 1000 RPM) but if that's true then I would only be turning 6000 RPM.

  10. #10
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by thomase87 View Post
    Well I got my gps in today so I went out to the river to get some numbers but it didn't run as fast as I thought. I was running 72 mph with my E.F.I. settings at 6-9-6-6. Pulled the plugs at low, mid, and high range and they all looked great except one of them on the high was maybe a bit white so I might adjust the settings to 6-9-7-6. Kris said I might be bouncing off the rev limiter causing it to not reach top speed. So I guess I need to get my 14/20 repitched. I can't really do anymore tuning because I don't have a tach yet. Could I adjust the last screw on the tach to change it a bit or will that not really do anything? What is it for anyways? It says its for RPM (each dash represnts 1000 RPM) but if that's true then I would only be turning 6000 RPM.
    the #4 pot is for the rpm crossover... tells the red light (high speed) when to come on

    with a ported 1300 you will need a 14/23 or 14/24 so yes you are probably hitting the rev limit

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Got all my parts, The Build Begins :) (first build)
    By HallPass in forum Yamaha Projects & Build Threads
    Replies: 1299
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 03:12 AM
  2. My GP1200 65U build-up
    By Metal4130 in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 12:00 PM
  3. my old school build
    By superramjet in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 11:41 PM
  4. friend sucked up rocks on my 06-1300r, impeller bad, jet pump doesnt look good
    By MJE in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 07:30 PM
  5. Pic's of my ported head.
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 07:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •