Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tunes on an RXP

Tunes on an RXP

Thinking about trying to add some tunes to the RXP. I've read the two threads on the install. I am leaning towards the fool fledged marine radio mounted under the front hood. Was wondering if anyone had tried this yet and had any recommended speaker locations.

It would be awesome to have a Seadoo that bumped. haha

Im doing this mod this winter. I have the fairings on my ski and plan to put the speakers up inside there so I can really hear it. I plan on doing a marine stereo under the hood as well.

Has anyone installed speakers in the fairings? I plan to seal the fairing all the way around, and use a good marine speaker.

Are there any speakers that can get totally wet?

Well I was one of the ones that went withe the marine radio under the hood and it didn't work out to well. I highly reccomend it for lake riders but not so much for chop riders.

What I ended up doing instead of the marine radio that lasted until the waves kicked up was actually using an AMP.

I went to bestbuy and bought the cheapest amp they had. Took it apart and siliconed the casing back together. Then I wrapped it with shipping shrinkwrap. i hooked the Sirius radio directly to the amp and set the gain on the amp. I had no volume control or verry little through the Sirius reciever but it didn't matter I had a remote switch for the amp so I could just mute it.

This setup held up the best in the chop but did take a beating every now and then and while nothing really broke i would have to fix it all the time and finally gave up on it. If you ride in waters that are pretty calm it would be the perfect setup. It held up in the chop but I really ride hard and it would take a crap now and then.

If anyone wants some pointers let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by RustySeaRustyDoo
    Im doing this mod this winter. I have the fairings on my ski and plan to put the speakers up inside there so I can really hear it. I plan on doing a marine stereo under the hood as well.

Has anyone installed speakers in the fairings? I plan to seal the fairing all the way around, and use a good marine speaker.

Are there any speakers that can get totally wet?
    If you can find them still. Babb speakers are totally submersible. (I have seen these working under water in a display) I have a set I was to put on my motorcycle, just never got around to it. Plan on putting them on a ski now. I have not heard of or seen these in years.

motorcycle speakers work well ,i put 3" waterproof speakers under top comparment right behind mirrors,motorcycle amp mounted on top of battery with cable to glove box ---can hear them perfect at 0mph--can hear perfect at 71mph.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    you could use a cooler if you wants some pics of that i can post em

Ok, what kind of amp did you use for the motorcycle speakers and what kind of motorcycle (brand etc.) speakers did you use. Where can you buy them.

Also there was a post about a cooler. Sorry, but you totally lost me. I use coolers for refreshments. haha

Hope you know what to do with a fuse.

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    you tie the cooler to the back then you dont have to cut into your hull and i have it down just havent done it yet but i can tell you how you can put drinks in it too

Cool, I understand now.. Yeah I would love to see some pics of that and would love to see some if anyone has them showing how they mounted the speakers near the mirrors.

I was just kidding earlier about using the cooler for drinks. Obviously someobody took it wrong but that wasn't my intent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information