Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

s-10 fuel pump..

hey what do you guys think..

my fuel pump went out on my 2001 s-10 4x4 and got quoted a price of 525+ tax to fix it.. good deal? i dont know anything about a price on these pumps or what not.. i have heard boths sides high and low..

Banned User
    +1
    I had mine go out on me last June, just unbolt the bed and lift it out a little, set it on the rear tires...MAKE SURE you unbolt all wiring, even ground straps The pump will run under $200, and some basic hand tools will work. You should have the updated wiring harness, which is included in the kit...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I had mine go out on me last June, just unbolt the bed and lift it out a little, set it on the rear tires...MAKE SURE you unbolt all wiring, even ground straps The pump will run under $200, and some basic hand tools will work. You should have the updated wiring harness, which is included in the kit...
    i was told that the pump was close to 400 by a friend of mine that used to work on vehicles.. so thats why i just had my mechanic do it insted of me dealing with it bc i thought id have too drop the tank.. and deal with the issues..

if the pump was under 200 buck's shame on me

What danny said. Some basic hand tools and take ure time. GET A A/C DELCO OEM PUMP. We put some cheapo advanced auto parts pumps and some Carquest pumps in some customer cars and they went out on us in the shop after the customer put about 20K sometimes less. needless to say when we have a gm pump go out we put a gm pump back in. While your down there change the fuel filter. PM if you want i can email you the gm procedure.

500 bucks isnt to bad of a price though all and all.

Banned User
    +1
    I went to Autozone and got a replacement pump...i just checked my records, it was $279...Took me about 2 hours.

Make sure you tighten the bed down completely, or it will shift when you go around a corner

+1
    oh man.. i wish i thought it threw a little more but the mechanic called me this morning and needed a answer.. this was after i posted this thread...

i didnt think 500 was bad thats part of the reason i just went for it.. i mean im sure im capable of the work.. but campared too the time it would take me.. to the time it would take him.. plus the fact my gf needs her car back lol.. we will see..

500 isn't a bad deal. If a gm half tom pick up came in needing a fuel pump they were looking at 900 buck min. 500 isn't bad at all.

+1
    it came to a little more then 500 flat when taxes got added.. but its all done and the guy take my stuff is good and cheap. something you dont get both of these days

+1
    trucks good! fuel gauge works now.. which is nice.. before i would fill the tank up and drive 4 miles and it would read empty then jump around from there..

aww man the s10 fuel pump is so easy to change , you undo 8 bolts your wiring harness to your lights and undo the filler cap assembly ,

then lift the bed off . 2 people required , feel better with 4 if your scared about your paint

undo 3 fuel hoses and 2 wiring harness plugs , pry out the giant c-clip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information