Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2002 RXDI Questions

I have picked up a 2002 RXDI With a few issues. It Starts and runs fine on the Trailer, but when in the water under a load it will not rev up even high enough to get on plain. When i got the ski, It had 2 different spark plugs,and the ground plate for the spark plugs was mounted UNDER the Rave Valves so it had both of them cocked at a angle causing them to leak. After fixing all that, I checked the compression and Im getting 105psi on both cylinders. What should this engine be at? I know the 951 carb engines are much higher. What sensors are "Known" to go wrong on these skis? I cant really do much unless this thing is hooked up to the computer software being that its fuel injected, Just figured id ask and maybe a few people can chime in their Opinions. Is this a good ski to keep? My last ski was a Ultra 150 and I never had a single problem out of it. Hoping once this one is right It will stay that way for a good while thanks in advance

+1
    DI comp is pretty much the same as a carbed 951. I think you have to do the test with the throttle tied WOT (my memory is fuzzy since I have not messed with a DI in a while, but I think that will turn off the injectors).

Is the warning light on (that is, is it in "Limp" mode)?

I can not remember if that year had a learing key but if so, are you sure you have the normal key?

download a manual, in there it has a test procedures on how to ohms test most or all components with a multimeter, check your comp with another gauge, tps usually go, air injectors fail often, dont get water near the air pump, they don't handle water injestion as good as the carb models. I had one for a while and found the handling was terrible in chop, very wet ride only slightly better handling than the ultra, not as fast as the ultra but still a pretty fast ski. and the best on fuel

bar the di polaris 2 cyl

Ok, Doing a Comp test at WOT Im getting 125psi in both cyls. So that makes me feel a little bit better. Still not up with the Carb'd 951's but it will do. Ski has 185 hours on it. It does have the White learner key, But im using the correct yellow standard key. No warning light, not in Limp mode. Runs and revs great on the Trailer, just spits and sputters when throttle applied in the water. Just put in brand new plugs, Will take it out today and see if anything has changed. Where can I view the Service manual for this thing without paying for it? Thanks,
    Chris

Update: I took it out today after putting the new plugs in. It seemed to be slugish past 1/2 throttle only turning 4800 RPMS max. Eventually after riding it for 10 minutes at 3/4 throttle it cleaned itself out and eventually let me run WOT Turning 6800 RPM's. After a few minutes of good running it went right back to being sluggish and hesitating. the rest of the ride it would not get over 5600 RPM's. Would dirty fuel injecters cause this? Its weird to me that it ran up for a short time then went right back to running like crap. Any Ideas on what I should check?? It has Fresh fuel& Oil.

is this your ski and has it been taken care of , any rust , water in the fuel

I have 2 of these. One is mine, one is a Customer of mine. They are both doing the EXACT same thing. I have only owend mine for 1 week. So I have no clue as to its care. The one Im speaking of here on this post is the customers. It is a VERY clean ski. Inside and out. Garage kept. He has never had a problem out of it until now. Its odd to me that it is not throwing any codes whatsoever. Starts right up, idles great. and Runs up smooth until around 4,000 and starts sputtering up to 5500. .

+1
    Did they both get filled up at the same gas station?

Do some parts swaps with the good running one, check cylinder temps by hand to determine if one is running colder than the other

No, I bought mine from a lady that let it sit up for 2 years. the customers was used often and just started doing it one day. Would the fuel injectors cause somthing like this??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information