1995 770 tigershark loose exh chronic

New to Green Hulk and like it already!! Bought a cheep 770 montecarlo running but with a loose exhaust manifold-the purple aluminum one with water jackets holow inside. Cleaned old gasket off ,re tapped threads nice and clean,put in new gasket ,re torqued stupid allens with ball socket head wrench correctly. Rode it for 2 hrs and the whole damn thing was loose again!!! Is this a design fault or do i just need a bunch of locktight and fresh bolts and fresh lock washers.??

You might want to try fresh hardware and use loctight. Sometimes the hardware threads will stretch over time and it will be hard to keep them tight. If for some reason your exhaust is damaged I have a good condition exhaust off a 770 monte carlo if you need it.

Thanks Burton--the manifold is in as new condition, the bolts and washers and no locktite may be to blame exclusively, i hope thats true. This design of manifold seems to be terrible-have you heard of lots of other people with this same problem on this 770 ??

Not so much with just tigershark's but a lot of older watercraft I have seen or worked on can be a pain to get old hardware to stay put. If you get the strong loctite I belive its the blue kind is what I have had the most luck with. If you have a tap and die set you can always just run that over the threads quick just to clean them up.

If it is a 95 then it is a 640 and not a 770. If it is a 770 the head will have 770 cast into the top. Anyway the pipe on the 640 was a pain to keep the bolts from backing out. Be sure to clean the threads and bolts well. Use blue locktite. Let it sit overnight before you start it. I have also seen a bent driveshaft or impeller cause a lot of harmonic vibrations that will cause fasteners to loosen off no mater what you do. You could always drill the bolt heads and safety wire them.

Love the replys,,i did run a tap through all holes previously,, i am looking forward to all new bolts and washers and locktite to give the advantage this time . 1995 title in hand says 770 tigershark daytona,, Very fast, with small hull that is bouncy -bounce in the smallest chop .there may be some vibrations from drive traine complicating things as you sugested,,I dont feel anything while riding it but did notice some dings on the impeller from the previous owner sucking in some gravel.

after you get the exhaust bolts figured out I would look into a prop if I were you. Its the best mod you can do to a ski IMO. If you give dave at www.impros.com a call and tell him what kind of ski your running and what you want to do with it (pull a tuber, all out top speed, somwhere in the middle) and he will be able to get you the perfect prop for your setup.

Thread Information