Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

which slip check is more accurate

so when i check the slip on the ski, i try and do the whole, turn it over 10 times like the book says to. ended up the slip checked in at about 72inch pounds. got a little concerned and was gonna add some mcmasters or a shim and took the charger off the ski. drained all the oil off the washers/shaft to check it again with the charger tools. off the ski i ended up with right at 91inch pounds. boost is still good at around 10 or so PSI at WOT. i want to assume off the ski w/ no oil is the more accurate, but you guys w/ more experience tell me. its a stock PX charger stock ecu.

oh and like many have said before me F*** that bolt that holds the charger on.... you know which one i'm talking about! i've heard some don't even put it back in.... i think thats my plan

+1
    either way you are in the safe zone. from the 7 to 12 n-m you are good and you're right in between. i always check outside the machine with gear holder and torque the impeller.

by the way there is no tool known to man that can ratchet that bloody bolt out. takes me ten minutes every time. i wouldn't risk leaving it out by the way

Banned User
    +1
    yea i figured, when it was on the ski it was on the lower end of the spec's and i'm really not interested in having in problems w/ it. i'd rather be proactive then reactive.

+1

Top bolt

You can purchase a wratchet wrench and grind the head down until it fits. Bobo showed me that trick in Kuwait.

Banned User
    +1
    i ended up getting it out, took some heat though. i read plenty of times the problems people had stripping it out so as soon as i put the wrench on there and it didn't wanna budge i wasn't playing any games. once it cracked loose it wasn't too bad.

Banned User
    Hell with that bolt, lots of us have just left it out, I havent had mine for over 2 years now.

+1
    If you put a little anti seize on the bolt and use a 5/16" rachet wrench, it comes out like a dream.

Banned User
    +1
    Honestly, why would you want to measure the slip when its DRY? Its never dry when its running...I always check it wet, applying some oil during changing and coat it right before I check slip...

Stock X SC should be around 100, since its 10PSI and thats 1lbs/per PSI...I would try to aim for 100-110 wet IMO...

+1
    mike h, you definitely want to shim it though

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Honestly, why would you want to measure the slip when its DRY? Its never dry when its running...I always check it wet, applying some oil during changing and coat it right before I check slip...

Stock X SC should be around 100, since its 10PSI and thats 1lbs/per PSI...I would try to aim for 100-110 wet IMO...
    i didn't really mean bone dry. don't quote me but i think the book says turn the motor over 10 times to disperse the oil. at first i thought that ment get it off but i now realize it probably ment to spread it out if the ski's been sitting a while

Quote Originally Posted by masta2000 View Post
    mike h, you definitely want to shim it though
    i will shim tonight and aim for that 100-110in# with a shim. if i cant get it with that i have some mcmasters ill go with. chargers only got 48hrs on it. im going by memory from what ive read since i've never actually done it, but its 22FT# w/ red loctite for the jam nut behind the spring washers correct?
    thanks for your help guys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information