Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 260X Props

+1

260X Props

I may have missed any previous threads on this issue, but are there any confirmed really good props and/or mods for the 260X? If you have any info, please post your results over stock props? For example, which props work effectively with the RIVA rideplate?

+1
    As of today, this thread has 47 views but no one has made a post! What is going on here? Are you telling me that no one has a prop for this beast?

+1
    Honestly Phil the stock Prop for the Ultra seems to be the best so far , you could have Impros modify it for better performance.. The Riva ride plate will give you about 2-3mph and put the 260 easily above 70 in flat water but if you do a lot of ocean riding you will probably want to choose a different plate. Anything to bring fresh air in the Hull of the 260 will help your ski perform better, you can go to Teammotoracing.com and look up on there all the modification Skip has tried with results.

+1
    search is your friend mate. you will learn everything you need from it. all depends on where you ride and what you want from it.

Quote Originally Posted by JET250 View Post
    search is your friend mate. you will learn everything you need from it. all depends on where you ride and what you want from it.
    Must admit I have searched props on here and there isn't too much info other than "Stock is best" + repitch.

I would be good to know what pitches people have played around with and what they have found works best. Obviously this will varry from standard engine to heavley moddified.

I currently have a Solas SS impeller and find outthe hole it's alittle rubbish as I hit the limiter for about 2 seconds before she gets up and goes, also hard around the buoys I can hit the limiter. The only other mods I have are R&D intake grate and ride plate.

Would be good to get some advice on what people in the know think I should repitch my prop at to help my ski out the hole alittle better.

phil, i think the stock prop should work well for you. THe riva plate is garbage in any kind of chop. Most folks have stayed with stock because it works so well. I have stock prop, with an Impros stage 2 bend on it. ITs not a barn burner on top end, it bites gread down low, and mid range. For me, it works. oh...its a 250x prop..I'm curious to see how the 260x would do on my ski tho, as its pretty heavily modded with engine work, IC, Timing, and other stuff.

+1
    Thanks for the replies guys. I pickup my 260X this afternoon! I can't wait to see how it runs. I hope its RIVA ride plate does not destroy the sloppy water (1 -2 feet) handling? I would hate to go back to a stock plate or R& D plate and lose 2-3mph. Knowing Eddie from Top Gun, this ski should be ballistic! Running 71-72 on my lake is like running 74-75 on any other body of water on the planet. For some reason our lake is slow.... maybe because of the elevation and humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I pickup my 260X this afternoon! I can't wait to see how it runs. I hope its RIVA ride plate does not destroy the sloppy water (1 -2 feet) handling? I would hate to go back to a stock plate or R& D plate and lose 2-3mph. Knowing Eddie from Top Gun, this ski should be ballistic! Running 71-72 on my lake is like running 74-75 on any other body of water on the planet. For some reason our lake is slow.... maybe because of the elevation and humidity.
    Dont be surprised if the riva plate kills the hookup..You've been warned. I dont see anything wrong with the Stock or R&D plate. But I hated the riva, as do MANY other Ultra riders. Flat water, its fine. ANY chop, forgetaboutit..

Let us know how it runs.

+1
    Of all the people I have talked to that ride the 260x nearly all of them have gone back to the stock plate/ intake grate. There is one who hasn't gone back to stock , for some reason he thinks the riva works better for him ... I guess its up to your personal preference.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post
    Dont be surprised if the riva plate kills the hookup..You've been warned. I dont see anything wrong with the Stock or R&D plate. But I hated the riva, as do MANY other Ultra riders. Flat water, its fine. ANY chop, forgetaboutit..

Let us know how it runs.
    Dubz, check my signature... Wow! I'm impressed! I only ran it WOT for a very short period of time. The water is really cold. I raced an FZR in about 1' water and tore him apart. I think he was stock. We hit the first 3' boat wake and I pulled about 2,000,000 ski lengths on him. LOL! I hope this ski runs like this in August. I'm pretty sure it has another 1-3mph in it right now. I just need the guts to stay into it longer.

Dubz, what do you call chop? The ski really felt good to me, but again this was the first ride of the season and also my first ride on the ski period. I can tell you that it rides a lot differently than my 2008 RXT-X. The Doo is and feels lighter and gets skiddish in the a 1' slop with me riding it. My wife loves the Doo and will only let me sell it if I get her the new RXT-X. I let her ride the 260X and she said it felt much different than her 250X. Well of course it did. This ski has balls! I think she plans on commandeering the 260X for herself. Uh Oh, there goes the neighborhood... another women on a fast ski... and just think she used to be a mild mannered lady. Oh Well.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information